General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 fx4 power steering

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2023, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 fx4 power steering

Hey guys, having trouble finding answers to my issue. My 2013 fx4 with 154000kms electrical power steering just quit. Backstory, it just snowed Monday night and I had zero issues. Woke up Tuesday morn and the weather was -10C so not cold at all, started my truck with no issues and as I was about to leave I had zero steering. No warnings, the fuse looks good….I need some help as to what to do/check next!! Please and thank you!!
Old 11-01-2023, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE: towed my truck to my normal garage and they confirmed the steering was seized. 3 days later when they were able to get it into a bay they called and said the steering was fine and they'd keep it overnight to check again the next day...again the steering was fine so we brought it home $700 later after some other work was done. They couldn't give me an answer as to why the steering didn't work. Next morning after we brought it home the steering has seized again! Is there a sensor somewhere that possibly froze up even though we haven't experienced that cold of weather? Hopefully someone actually answers this time ha

Quick Reply: 2013 fx4 power steering