Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 auto towing mirrors on 2012?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 11:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2013 auto towing mirrors on 2012?

Met a friend of mine the other day with a 2013, apparently on the '13's they decided to put motors on them so retracting would be easy. given my paralysis this would be great for my 2012. Has anyone tried swapping them? I happened to notice the supports are a little different but the area where it mounts is the same spot. If not, anyone know of an aftermarket option? I would like to keep the tow mirrors as the visibility is amazing but driving into narrow spots with them has led to a few bumps already. thanks!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Gimpy
Met a friend of mine the other day with a 2013, apparently on the '13's they decided to put motors on them so retracting would be easy. given my paralysis this would be great for my 2012. Has anyone tried swapping them? I happened to notice the supports are a little different but the area where it mounts is the same spot. If not, anyone know of an aftermarket option? I would like to keep the tow mirrors as the visibility is amazing but driving into narrow spots with them has led to a few bumps already. thanks!
Hi Gimpy.

FordParts.com has a bunch of mirror options for you. You can put your VIN in at the top and narrow it down to ones that work for your specific truck. I also recommend giving the parts department at your dealership a call; they'll be able to help guide you in the right direction, and even swap the mirrors out for you!

Ashley

Quick Reply: 2013 auto towing mirrors on 2012?