General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 3.5L Eco boost door damage problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 3.5L Eco boost door damage problems

I have been a proud F-150 owner for the past 15 years and I’ve owned 5 different F-150s. I’ve always been happy with the mechanics and performance of my trucks until now.<br />I purchased a used 2013 Eco boost in 2015 with 12K milles on it. The truck was mint except for 1 thing. I noticed a small debt in the door on the drivers side. I didn’t think anything of it as I thought this was a stone chip or something like that. A few months went on and I noticed the exact same debt now on the passenger side front door. I thought this was odd and looked into it and realized that the debt was being caused by the door opening and hitting the inside hinge when it’s all the way open. This has caused the paint to not only dent but also crack. My concern is that as time goes on this will crack further and rust.<br />I took the truck to several body shops to get their opinion and all unanimously said that when the truck was built, Ford used too long of a door check/stop. I may be referring to that part with the incorrect name but it’s the plastic piece above the hinge.<br />I feel this is a manufacturing defect so I called Ford and innitiated a service complaint in hopes that they’d stand behind it.<br />I started looking at other same model year F150s that I saw in parking lots or at dealerships and I noticed the exact same damage happening to other F-150s.<br />I took pictures to prove to Ford that this isn’t just an isolated incident and it’s probably happening to many other owners as well. The problem is that that damage is in the corner of the door and you can’t really see it unless you are looking for it. <br />Ford only offered to pay 1/3 for repairs and said I and the dealership that I purchased it from would need to pay the rest. <br />I don’t agree with Ford and feel that they should pay the entire repair. To fix it properly, the hinge needs to be modified and body and paint repairs are needed. This is clearly a defective build. I noticed this problem on model years 2012-2014.
I suggest anyone with this model year go and take a look at your truck and make sure this isn’t happening to you too.

Last edited by CecilMD23; 10-14-2017 at 05:49 PM. Reason: I wasn’t finished with the post
Old 10-14-2017, 10:47 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Lightbulb

HINT/TIP ... EcoBoost is an engine option, not a model/trim designation.

e.g. FX4, super cab with a 5.0L.
The following users liked this post:
bubbabud (10-15-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 01:06 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Debts are something you owe to someone.

Might you have a dent?
The following users liked this post:
bubbabud (10-15-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 01:18 PM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

To continue the parade, what does this have to do with the ecoboost?

I'd like to see the memo from Ford saying they would cover 1/3 of the cost.

Post the pics you sent to Ford please.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I post pics ? I’m new to this forum. And I never said it had anything to do with an eco boost. I simply said that was the model.