General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 plug-and-play remote start questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 plug-and-play remote start questions

I recently ordered the BC3Z-19G364-A model, which comes with the 2 new key fobs. I have a couple questions.....first, does the deaslership HAVE to cut these new keys or can I take them somewhere else? Second, can I have the dealership activate the remote start before I have even installed it? I have some free time this week and Id like to take it to them but I still havent recieved my remote start, let alone installed it! All the help is appreciated! Thanks in advance
Old 11-06-2012, 08:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interested to see the answer to activation
Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by noahbeveridge
I recently ordered the BC3Z-19G364-A model, which comes with the 2 new key fobs. I have a couple questions.....first, does the deaslership HAVE to cut these new keys or can I take them somewhere else? Second, can I have the dealership activate the remote start before I have even installed it? I have some free time this week and Id like to take it to them but I still havent recieved my remote start, let alone installed it! All the help is appreciated! Thanks in advance
I took my keys to Home Depot to cut. I installed the remote and had the keys cut before I took it to the dealer. I am not sure if they can activate before install or not but I waited. That way, when they activated it, I could double check to see if it was working correctly before I drove away.

Last edited by beavis; 11-06-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:32 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

how hard is it to install the remote start. id love to get one just trying to save some money doing it myself. Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: 2012 plug-and-play remote start questions