Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 F150 FX4 New Compressor But No A/C

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 F150 FX4 New Compressor But No A/C

First Thread
2010 F150 FX4 5.4L V8 w/ Automatic climate control. A/C stopped working a couple of years ago. Finally got it diagnosed and needed a new compressor.
Work done in last 3 weeks:
New compressor professionally installed | Condenser was clean | Lines flushed | system charged to 58 | new A/C pressure transducer installed by the same technician | relays are good, fuses are good, I installed a new blower motor resistor today, Climate control cluster is functioning properly (sending commands), Had a second mechanic check PCM and control module would send signal to turn on clutch, but it went from ON to immediately OFF when the A/C command was sent. I brought it home and ran the Key On Engine Off test and clutch engaged just fine. Used Forscan to run the HVAC test and no faults. No HVAC DTC faults either.
I'm running out of ideas and money... lol. Wondering if anyone has suggestions on my issue (other than "give and up and sweat out the Texas Summer, buddy"). I saw a post on another site where some Ford trucks have signal running through the instrument gauge cluster and that can cause problems after repairs. I did get the ProDemand schematic for my VIN number and page 2 of 3 shows the Instrument Cluster on MS CAN 10 and 9 on Computer Data Lines running to the PCM HS CAN - 43 and HS CAN + 59 (If you read this entire thing, thank you already for your time)

Quick Reply: 2010 F150 FX4 New Compressor But No A/C