2010 f150 5.4l stalling and crank no start issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 f150 5.4l stalling and crank no start issue

Hey everyone,

i have read through hundreds of forum’s and I just can’t find an answer to
my issue.
here is the problem: drove home from work the other day and truck was stalling while going 30km\h in residential area. This happened after the first time last year around 100times. Also sometimes doesn’t start. One of the problems for my mechanic and me is: it just happens in the summer time when it’s 20+Celsius.wintertime is no problem at all.

That’s what we switched out so far : purge valve, fuel pump, fuel pump control module, connector, fuel filter, fuse 27 relocation kit to slot#70 20amp, fuel pump relay. We also checked the ECM and it seems to give perfect voltage towards fuel sensors etc.

today we took off the wiring harness and checked every single wire. Found 2 corroded wires and replaced them. Fuses are replaced and clean.
Started the truck and let it run for like an hour and it shut off in the heat again.

sorry for the long threat but this truck is causing headaches and hurting my wallet.

when the truck stalls it gives me those error codes:

p0201-p0207 : cylinder injectors open

p025a:fuel pump control module a circuit open
p0690: ECM/pcm power relay senses circuit high
u0109: lost communication with fuel pump control module

I REALLY NEED HELP!
Old 05-30-2021, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Napif150_92
Hey everyone,

i have read through hundreds of forum’s and I just can’t find an answer to
my issue.
here is the problem: drove home from work the other day and truck was stalling while going 30km\h in residential area. This happened after the first time last year around 100times. Also sometimes doesn’t start. One of the problems for my mechanic and me is: it just happens in the summer time when it’s 20+Celsius.wintertime is no problem at all.

That’s what we switched out so far : purge valve, fuel pump, fuel pump control module, connector, fuel filter, fuse 27 relocation kit to slot#70 20amp, fuel pump relay. We also checked the ECM and it seems to give perfect voltage towards fuel sensors etc.

today we took off the wiring harness and checked every single wire. Found 2 corroded wires and replaced them. Fuses are replaced and clean.
Started the truck and let it run for like an hour and it shut off in the heat again.

sorry for the long threat but this truck is causing headaches and hurting my wallet.

when the truck stalls it gives me those error codes:

p0201-p0207 : cylinder injectors open

p025a:fuel pump control module a circuit open
p0690: ECM/pcm power relay senses circuit high
u0109: lost communication with fuel pump control module

I REALLY NEED HELP!
another thing to mention I forgot: when the truck will crank but don’t start the fuel pump doesn’t turn on.
Old 07-07-2022, 06:54 PM

I'm having an almost identical issue with my truck also. Did you ever fix this? What did it end up being?
Old 07-07-2022, 08:29 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Exclamation

Lozanoa11... almost identical issue with my truck...
  1. Identify your particular DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) and specifically what your issue(s) is(are).
  2. Vehicle Information
    If you're not going to provide it in your post(s), consider putting your complete vehicle information (year, model, cab, trim, engine, wheelbase, _x4 drive, mileage, maintenance, modifications, etc., etc.) in your signature to have it automagically included when you post. *Eliminates playing 20 questions when/if a post is made pertaining to your vehicle.
    » Edit Signature ««« -click-
    *Don't forget to [ save ] it.
Old 07-07-2022, 09:08 PM

Received 1,264 Likes on 1,083 Posts

Originally Posted by Napif150_92
I forgot: when the truck will crank but don’t start the fuel pump doesn’t turn on.
Originally Posted by Lozanoa11
I'm having an almost identical issue with my truck also.

What did it end up being?
No engine will stay running with no fuel pumped. Odds are good that "fuel pump doesn't turn on" was the problem.
Old 07-08-2022, 08:56 AM

Received 1,137 Likes on 927 Posts

I'm having an almost identical issue with my truck also. Did you ever fix this? What did it end up being?
start a new thread, identify your truck, and be very specific about issue, conditions and post the exact dtc codes numbers. Best to do this before someone starts using the “parts cannon” approach and starts replacing parts before testing and identifying the (source of) problem
Old 07-11-2022, 09:57 AM

Yeah i was able to find the issue.
It sounds a little stupid but there is 2 small black fuse like diodes in the fusebox under the hood, one is for the fan and one is for the fuel system. They just control the current of the electricity.
Switch them and see if the truck starts. If it starts see if the fan works, if not you have your issue!
buy a few new ones on amazon and put new ones in.

Everybody told me those never break but i gues they where wrong

Quick Reply: 2010 f150 5.4l stalling and crank no start issue