General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 4.6L Intermittent Start

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2023, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 4.6L Intermittent Start

I have a 2009 F150 4.6L and it has been acting a bit weird. When i turn the key to start the key will randomly get stuck in the cranking position and not spring back to the normal position and the truck will continue to turn over with no ignition and I have to physically turn the key back to the off position to stop it from continuously turning over, with no crank. I checked the fuel delivery at the fuel rail while turning key to ACC and it was spewing. I connected truck to my buddies truck with cables and it would randomly start, so i ruled out the fuel pump as a whole. I changed the positive terminal on the battery as it seemed a bit loose and it was starting up until this morning stopped to get gas and it was doing the same key stuck, turning over with no ignition. I also pulled codes and had none whatsoever. The theft light is not illumination so I ruled that out too. I checked inertia switch and obviously that wasn't the issue either. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated yall!

Quick Reply: 2009 4.6L Intermittent Start