Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 F150 FX4 Fabtech lift (7" rear setup)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 12:21 AM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

Default 2006 F150 FX4 Fabtech lift (7" rear setup)

I am going to be getting a 6" Fabtech lift with the 6" front bilstein struts and then add a 2" AS to get it to 8" up front. I am going to get rid of my 2.5" level as I hope to alleviate some of the added stress on the ball joints/CV joints. Anyways, I am trying to think of a good way to lift the back a comparable amount as the front. I am thinking 7" would be ideal so the back keeps a little rake to it.
The Fabtech kit comes with a 5" rear block and I am assuming that it replaces the 2" one I have (if installed correctly which I will make sure happens). This gives me 3" of total lift. Now for the other 4" I was thinking of going with the 4" Skyjacker AAL:
http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/G...view=183389196

I have 2 major questions.
  1. Will this setup work and would the ride be tolerable? I am 23 and have only had 2 vehicles..both F150's so I do not really know what a "harsh, stiff" ride feels like. It's a truck; it isnt going to feel like its floating on air going down the road and I am fine with that.
  2. What shocks would fit? I cant seem to find anything besides the expensive, custom, multiple reservoir shocks that are not necessary for me. I would love to run the 5100 monotube matching brother pair of bilstein's that I will be running in front:
http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/G...view=248982447
They say for only 3-4" lift so I am not thinking they will work. I am looking for options that will work with my lift, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I have found shocks for lifted applications but not vehicle specific for my 2006 F150.

Overall, I am wondering if this setup makes sense and will work. Are there other options for 7"? I dont really want to stack the 5" Fabtech block and the stock 2" block and then do a 2" AAL. Stacking rear blocks I have found out is a no-no. I understand the best way to go is to just get Atlas or Deaver springs but that is not in the budget. I dont do any hardcore offroading or tow/haul anything. Any options would be greatly appreciated and I have spent the last 3 days searching websites and random forums to try to find my answers. Thank you guys very much.

Oh and yes, I know I should just buy an 8" BDS or RIZE lift but I can do this 8" setup for under $2500 installed. This is the route I chose to go. I have read and understood all the possible problems and I am just looking for help on the questions I am asking.

Quick Reply: 2006 F150 FX4 Fabtech lift (7" rear setup)