General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1999 F150 Extended Cab Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 F150 Extended Cab Issue

I have an issue with my above truck that I know I will need to take into the shop to get it fixed.

I will be taking it in on Wed., but was hoping to get some idea of the problem that is occuring.

Here is the problem - sometimes it will have a rough idle early in the morning which is like a hiccup then it disappears.

Although - when I am on the freeway (does not seem to happen on surface streets) - it will start hiccuping real bad on inclines and start loosing power when trying to climb a slight to moderate incline.

I am hoping the issue is not too big and was hoping I could get some ideas on what it might be like sparkplugs, sparkplug wires, distrib. cap, etc.

Thanks in Advance...
Old 03-01-2009, 09:29 PM

you either have a bad plug or coil it sounds like its skipping when under a load nothen major
Old 03-11-2009, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by MIRMAN
you either have a bad plug or coil it sounds like its skipping when under a load nothen major
Guys -

They say the plugs and one coil needs to be replaced (the coil to the other bank is good they say).

Additionally - they are recommending a fuel cleaning service.

They say the cost is approximately 1000.00 and if I don't get the fuel cleaning service - that will only knock off about 130 bucks.

Does this seem in line price wise with what you know?

Thanks in advance...
Old 03-12-2009, 07:14 AM

$1000 ridiculous!!!!!!!!!! remember all mechanics think everyone is stupid and want your$$$$$$$. fuel system flush$100, single coil $50,8 plugs $32, knowlegde to do things for your self, PRICELESS !
they also say it takes 3hrs to change plugs i can do it in less than 1hr. to do any work on the motor it needs to be cold because treads will strip out. if your smart enough to do this you need to pop off c.o.p., then blow out any dirt in the plug hole then remove the plugs and put in the new ones and pop the coils back on. wam bam thank you mamm!(DONT REMOVE THE FUEL RAIL!) theres a gel thats electrical conductive stuff and put that on the wire spring that connects to the plugs. i had a few misfires and used that stuff and the misfires went away.

Last edited by skidmarks; 03-12-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I paid $89 for one coil, plus one hour labor to diagnose & replace $75..skip the flush I could have done it myself but chose not to. RUN from that dealer.

Quick Reply: 1999 F150 Extended Cab Issue