General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1990 Ford F-150

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Ford F-150

Hello I've been scouring the forums for weeks trying suggestions on fixing my Ford, and now I'm stuck looking to see where you THE PEOPLE would go to next.

I have a 1990 Ford F-150 5.0. Eight months back I took the truck out and it started fine but if I had no gas applied it died almost immediately. I drove it thinking it just needed to clear itself out since it had not been driven in months, but every time I'd stop at a stop sign, or light it would die. If I was not applying gas constantly it died. (End Scene)

(1 Month Ago) After a snowy winter I decided to work on the truck, after another seven months of sitting the truck would not start at all. I went about replacing the Plugs, The Plug Wires, The Cap & Rotor, and, just today the fuel filter. Nothing. It tries to start it even will catch and run for 1-1.5 seconds every once in awhile, but no amount of gas applying will keep it going. It almost sounds like its not getting enough fuel to keep itself going. When I power up the truck I can hear the Gas Pump turn on, I know this is not an indication that it does not work, but its worth mentioning. I just dont know where to go from here. Fuel Pump, Ignition Control Module, Pickup, I'm all ears. Where do you think I should start? (End Scene)

Thank You

Michael
Old 04-23-2014, 08:19 PM

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

My first thing I would look at is the fuel pump.

Quick Reply: 1990 Ford F-150