General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

13 f150 5.0 rpm jumping

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2023, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13 f150 5.0 rpm jumping

I have a 2013 f150 5.0 lariat super crew with the 6 speed Automatic transmission with 137k miles i dont know everythingdone to it but had a leveling kit and after market dual exhaust all on when i purchased used, now that it's cold 30-40 in the morning I have been seeing whem I go from 35 down to 30 my rpm will jump up a few times by 100-200 rpm, if I do some more driving it will go away and have not seen it happen at other speeds and idles smooth when stopped.
Is this anything to worry about or amni just being paranoid
Old 11-03-2023, 08:44 AM

Received 548 Likes on 454 Posts

when is the last time you've cleaned your MAF sensor and throttle body? I'd start there.
Old 11-03-2023, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by zimmer0
when is the last time you've cleaned your MAF sensor and throttle body? I'd start there.
not sure when last time that has been done will have to get that done when I get in for my oil change
Old 11-03-2023, 10:53 AM

Received 548 Likes on 454 Posts

Save yourself $300 - watch a youtube video and a $10 can of cleaner.
Old 11-21-2023, 12:43 PM

I had my truck in for a break line and break replacement and had them look at the issue and looks to be and issue i have also found on here with the transmissions fluid and filter needing changed, they said the problem was the transmission slipping "can see that due to the problem being right around a shift point" and after having it done the tech said it was shifting correctly and I have not seen it so far tough it has only been a day but here is hopping it is fixed
Old 11-21-2023, 01:32 PM

Received 245 Likes on 215 Posts

Another thing that should be considered is your driving style..... Watch closely to what gear you are in when it changes rpm... You might find it is downshifting say from 4th to 3rd because the previous owner /driver manually shifted gears as he left the interstate & used the engine as an engine brake to go slower.... If that was the way the truck was driven the computer has learned @ whatever speed/rpm it has to be in that gear....It dose sound to me that is what it may be doing....It will change to your driving style as you drive it more.....If you want a fast change unhook the battery for say 15 min... Again it will start to learn your driving style as you drive more...If driving very little miles every day it will take probably up to a week or so to fully adapt & it will be very subtle changes.....Hope this is your problem & of course it helps !!
If transmission is old & should have been changed long ago it tends to shift hard & bang into gear usually in gears 1-2 & maybe 3....& especially in summer stop & crawl traffic....Remember when you change out the fluid you are only changing the oil in the pan only ....Fresh pan oil will make a big difference but you probably should drain the pan again sometime shortly up the road (3 months or so ) PS: You don't need another new filter but you also can reuse the pan gasket when you change the oil only the 2nd time !! Just inspect it !!

Quick Reply: 13 f150 5.0 rpm jumping