Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

110 power point

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110 power point

Hi all new here

I need help I have a 2012 ecoboost 150 and the 110 power point wont work green light is flashing and I have Know Idea how to get it out of fault mode. Checked the 40 amp fuse that is good. Anyone know how to get this out of fault mode. My son is the only one that has used it and he has only used the outlet for a computer recharge and cell phone. Anyone know how to get it out of fault mode or is this a dealer issue?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:52 AM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

No one has responded and I don't know the answer so if you haven't already I would call the dealer. They might be able to tell you over the phone how to reset it.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Jordan

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Is this a stock thing for newer trucks?
and have you checked the owners manual?

If I had this problem, I would guess
1) insufficient power feeding inverter
2) something is overheating
Is there a way to cut power to it for a while, or is it ignition controlled?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:06 AM

Yes Standard as far as I know on the platnium edition anyway... Going to the dealer today at 9:00 will post what the find. Owners manual say blinking green light is in in fault mode. pulled the fuse and that cut all power but the fuse was good. When talking to the dealer service guy he said he had never had one blinking. (Lucky me)
Assume it is a bad inverter but not sure hope they don't come back and say something like its my fault and not under warranty. Never know these days. will let you all know. thanks for the responses
Old 03-13-2012, 10:34 PM

brought to dealer after four hours of trouble shooting they decided it must be the inverter. Of course they did not have it on hand and had to order now I get to go back and wait for them to remove and install...

Thanks to all that replyed
Old 03-15-2012, 07:54 AM

Ok Inverter not in yet as I had to go out of town but thought I would report to all that something good happened in the shop. took a 360 mile road trip yesterday and averaged 21.8 miles per gallon. 20.5 at 70 mph freeway and 23.5 at 60 mph on two lane hwy. This should not be a surprise but given I had never gotten better than 18 mpg with this truck I was very pleasantly surprised. Only thing I can think of is when they had the truck hooked up to the computer for the two hour scan it reprogrammed the truck to run run correctly. I have heard others say that this is needed but did not really believe them. Leaving for another trip today will probably put on a total of 1000 miles... Will be interesting to see if this holds... will let you all know.

Quick Reply: 110 power point