Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 points.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Auto-illiterate.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thumbs up 10 points.......

...for every motorcyclist I hit. I was coming home from work (at night of course), rolling down the expressway at the speed limit, when these two hot shot dumbchucks blew by me going at least 90 on their speed bikes. They narrowly squeezed between myself and a semi on my right and the vehicle in front of me and the vehicle to my left. Highway patrol can't stop them and they go too fast to get a license plate number. This happens way more often than it should, too.

So, my plan is to follow them until they're stuck in traffic they can't maneuver out of and tap their back wheel ever so slightly with my 175lb, Line-X'ed, aftermarket bumper, and then quietly go on my way. 10 points.

Obviously, I'm being facetious. However, inevitably they're going to cause accidents and ultimately, the person in the bigger vehicle is going to get blamed, especially down here in Florida, where the idiots always win.

End rant.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:54 PM
Hi-Rev Motorsports

Received 63 Likes on 62 Posts

yep it is those guys that give up responsible bikers a bad name...
Old 11-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Ford Truck Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hell yea i hear yea man
i hate it when ppl to that
kids watch biker boyz and think its cool to do that kinda stuff and its annoyin
i wanta turn into them and BAM sometimes
Old 11-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Auto-illiterate.

I was on vacation out west a few years back and the Sturgis Rally was taking place and I saw at least 1,000 bikers and not one of them pulled any stupid crap like these guys do down here.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:45 AM
will run you OVER

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

I see those guys, but theyre movin way over 100 though. you see a spec in your rear mirror then a blur and just a spec of red in the distance. I wanna just swerve a lil bit in front of them and make them freak out and have a massive wreck. last time theyll do that. plus if they hit me in the rear...the damage will show that they were movin wayyy to fast to be anywhere near the speed limit and couldnt move over to pass me. I could win. but.....i wont, since I really want a motorcycle. mostly cuz itd get better MPGs than my pickup.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:05 AM
Heh, 'member'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They don't call em coffin rockets for nothing. Round here we call them organ doners. Wait till one passes you like your standing still on the interstate while doing a wheelie.

These squids are the reason my motorcycle insurance is so damn expensive.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One guy I know got off on a ticket jsut because he didn't run. The officer was like "I appreciate the fact that you didn't run and you just pulled over. Don't speed again"
Old 11-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Ex-Everything

Received 67 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm a responsible sportbike rider, doing over 20,000 miles a year. I've never had a ticket or an accident in 34 years. Everyday it's an adventure because of people on their phones or texting. People changing lanes without looking. Ride in my saddle for a day and you'll realize that all drivers can be asshats.

There are bad riders but there are a lot of terrible drivers as well.

Back to the original subject, we have a group that rides together here in Austin, www.austinsbr.com and we only allow people that ride with full gear and ride safely. We have a person that leads each ride, and a sweeper at the rear. We plan our routes and stay in a single column in a single lane. No riding side by side.

Please don't judge all riders by the actions of a few, and to those that want to swerve in the way of a bike, get over it. That makes you no better than them. Be the example.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:04 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

we're not judging all bikers, just the specs on the road that we want to make **** themselves
Old 11-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Auto-illiterate.

Of course it would be wrong to judge everyone based upon the actions of a few. However, down here in South Florida, every time you see a sportbike on the highway, they're doing something stupid.

I wish my area's riders were as respectful as yours.