General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Rear Brake Caliper Pistons

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2023, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Rear Brake Caliper Pistons

Hello! Replaced front brake pads yesterday with no problems. Working on rear pads today, and this caliper piston is about to drive me up the wall. From my research, you're supposed to turn while compressing, but my piston is just a hole with no teeth or grooves to grab onto. Other things I've read say you just have to push them in, no turning necessary, but I get nowhere trying that method either. Having a hard time finding any info specific to an 07 F150 Fx4 and am really just in desperate need of help here. Appreciate you in advance!
Old 11-12-2023, 08:31 PM

Received 73 Likes on 64 Posts

The only calipers you need to turn the piston while pressing it in are the ones that have the parking brake cable attached to the caliper. If your parking brake cable is attached to the backing plate, then you have what is known as "Brake In Hat" parking brake. The caliper piston does not need to be turned as it is being pressed in.
Old 11-13-2023, 09:44 PM

Received 96 Likes on 74 Posts

Agreed that your caliper is not the push and turn style. If having difficulty squeezing caliper back in, could be the brake hose to that wheel. I just had that with a front caliper on my 2012. Changed the hose and no issues now.

Quick Reply: 07 Rear Brake Caliper Pistons