General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 f150 4.6 heritage misfire and more

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 01:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 04 f150 4.6 heritage misfire and more

Good day new motor or not is the question.
I have a 04 f150 4x4 4.6 heritage up to now ran like a top. No taping nocking. Just under a quart of oil in 3000 miles has over 240000 miles on it. Then it started misfire on #3 and #4. The coils and plugs change just over a yr ago. But hey things go bad for me all the time, friend says I'm the only one that can drown a camel LOL. So I pulled #3 out and there was a helicoil on it. the arm that goes over the electrode was halve gone and the electrode was gone. The helicoil was put on upside down. So I put a new helicoil on the right way and a new coil. Code gone. #1 I replaced the sparkplug and coil and code gone. But still runs like crap. #5 came up with a code a couple of times then went away. My brakes are hard as a rock. So I unpluged the vac hose from the booster no change. It fires up just as fast as before but with a bad idol and even dies. If I step on the gas it takes off. I can feel a little miss. Then all of a sudden it come up with bank one bank two lean.
The it tells me my both o2 sensors are Bias/stuck. Both been replaced 2 months ago. I took it to a mechanic that my brother sent me and with out even looking at it then said no compression. Then day later he charged me $50.00 saying no compression. My regular mechanic that knows the truck says can't be it ran to good no noise at all. It is sitting at his place now waiting for him to look at it.

Any Ideas what may be the cause or how to hunt it down. He said the first thing he was going to check the compression
that the other guy I believe did not really do.....

Quick Reply: 04 f150 4.6 heritage misfire and more