Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

Best aftermarket headlight assemblies?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 09:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Best aftermarket headlight assemblies?

The previous owner of my 2000 SD replaced the factory headlights with the European style which need replacing. The adjusting mechanisms were broken at some point and can not be aimed properly.

Any of you had experience with aftermarket lights for your truck? I live in the country, so need good lights to help avoid deer collisions.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:39 AM
Boats n Does

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts

How much are you looking to spend? Replacement upgraded HID headlights for more light output run almost $1k. Stock replacements are much cheaper obviously. If you get a set from a junkyard it might run you $50. If it was me I'd hit up a junkyard.

I live in the country too so I'm looking at adding an LED bar in my bumper. LED bar plus pick n pull headlights and you'll be set for under $300.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThatNewWifeSmell
How much are you looking to spend? Replacement upgraded HID headlights for more light output run almost $1k. Stock replacements are much cheaper obviously. If you get a set from a junkyard it might run you $50. If it was me I'd hit up a junkyard.

I live in the country too so I'm looking at adding an LED bar in my bumper. LED bar plus pick n pull headlights and you'll be set for under $300.
Nothing too insane, and definitely not a light bar to pi** off and blind other drivers. Some of the guys around here have them and I would like to take a ball bat to their lights every time I meet one at night!

I think something along the lines of a set of projector lights similar to the newer vehicles would work nicely. The better ones seem to run in the $400 range.