Topic Sponsor
Super Duty Forum Talk about Super Duty and Heavy Duty Ford trucks here.

Aftermarket remote start install

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 07:09 PM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Aftermarket remote start install

Picked up a used 2016 SD Lariat. It lacked the remote start option. It was a basic Lariat. Looked at alot of remote starts. Ford was way too expensive at about $500. I just didn't want another key fob to deal with. I found a company called 12Volt Solutions. $260 price tag. Completely plug and play. No cutting/splicing or anything. Uses your ford factory key fobs. I know crap about electronics but it was so simple, I completed it in 25 minutes. Has all the options for turnining on parking lights if you want them. Youbcan alsomset alot of different run times. Great system if anyone is looking to do it. 100% satisfied
Old 12-03-2018, 02:41 PM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 40mm
Picked up a used 2016 SD Lariat. It lacked the remote start option. It was a basic Lariat. Looked at alot of remote starts. Ford was way too expensive at about $500. I just didn't want another key fob to deal with. I found a company called 12Volt Solutions. $260 price tag. Completely plug and play. No cutting/splicing or anything. Uses your ford factory key fobs. I know crap about electronics but it was so simple, I completed it in 25 minutes. Has all the options for turnining on parking lights if you want them. Youbcan alsomset alot of different run times. Great system if anyone is looking to do it. 100% satisfied
Agreed! I have the same one with the cellular add on module.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:29 PM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by moynihan1129
Agreed! I have the same one with the cellular add on module.
Great! I feel they are an excellent choice for aftermarket remotes. I originally considered the cellular add on but I really just didn't see the need for it. I'm never that far away from the truck to justify it. Correct me if I'm wrong but, does that send a confirm signal back to your cell phone that the truck started??
Old 12-04-2018, 10:47 PM

Received 211 Likes on 167 Posts

Thanks for the info, have been looking into adding remote start to mine.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket remote start install