Topic Sponsor
Special Edition Models Discussion of all of the special trucks. Saleen, Harley Davidson, Lightning, Roush, etc.

Motivology's 2002 Ford F150 Harley Davidson Supercharged (Red)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 12:18 AM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Motivology's 2002 Ford F150 Harley Davidson Supercharged (Red)

*This is also in the Member Build section but I wanted to put this here too as it is Harley Davidson specific. Enjoy!*

I originally bought this '02 HD truck as a donor for my '01 HD childhood truck I drove in high school.

The plan has changed and I have decided to fix her up & then sell. Never have seen a custom painted red Harley Davidson F150 truck before, so in a way it is one of a kind hence why I think it's better for me to fix her up then sell her.

The previous owner had done a lot of custom work on it and I could tell he had a huge stereo system in the truck at one point.

Here she is when I bought her. The sunroof was only tilting (wish I had known this before I bought it) - got her fixed and it opens & closes as well as tilting.

First thing's first, the gas door was driving me nuts so I had to replace it with stock. Paint does not match but it is on the list in the future. Already looks much better.

Before - Gas Door

After - Gas Door

Next was the head lights. I had to replace the head lights when I got to the truck so I went with the cheapest one I could find that would look good. I went with aftermarket Lightning head lights from eBay.

While it definitely looked better, but I realized Harley Davidson style would look much better. And it did.

Before - Lightning Head Lights & Corners

After - Harley Davidson Head Lights & Corners

Next, the hood struts were on its way out so I replaced them. I forgot to take a picture of it installed but here is the difference between old & new.

Hood Struts (Top is Old, Bottom is New)

Ended the day changing out the worn out aftermarket antenna with a short one. Looks much better now.

Before - Antenna

After - Antenna

Next to-do's on the list are install new fog lights, fix the bumper & driver flare. Then paint, most likely.

It's coming along now! Most likely will work on her this weekend if I have free time between my jobs.

To be continued ...
The following users liked this post:
Cobra6 (11-23-2022)
Old 06-18-2022, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From every bit of your basic detailing needs to the awesome Clay Bar Treatment and 9-Step Paint Solution .
www.blacktiedetailing.com
Old 07-21-2022, 04:55 PM

An update on my truck... a lot has been done since I first posted. Finally got her repainted in some areas as well as touched up. She's not perfect but WAY better now.

I also got some mechanical and service work done. Unfortunately she was recently a victim to catalytic converter thieves, so I had to put aftermarket cats installed. Now it's much quieter in the cab. She is parked in the garage and protected now.

Still need some TLC but it runs & drives great! DM me if you're interested for more info.

The following 2 users liked this post by Motivology:
Bowers86 (12-25-2022), Cobra6 (11-23-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 10:37 AM

This truck is listed for sale so message me, or email me at motivologyllc@gmail.com if you are interested.

Thank you!
-DK
The following users liked this post:
Bowers86 (12-25-2022)
Old 04-06-2023, 05:47 PM

See this thread for latest update: https://www.f150forum.com/f62/2002-f...8/#post7251986.

-DK

Last edited by Motivology; 05-04-2024 at 08:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Motivology's 2002 Ford F150 Harley Davidson Supercharged (Red)