Topic Sponsor
Special Edition Models Discussion of all of the special trucks. Saleen, Harley Davidson, Lightning, Roush, etc.

2012 F-150, Harley Davidson Edition, request 4 comments Modifications, Customizations

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2022, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 F-150, Harley Davidson Edition, request 4 comments Modifications, Customizations

Hey guys: Seeking guidance or suggestions as to some things I would like to do with my 2012 Ford F150, Harley Davidson Edition. As you all know, this was the last year that Ford and Harley worked together in creating this awesome truck! I was lucky to find a one owner with 148,000 miles and driven by a someone who probably didn't know what they had until they sold it to me about a month ago. Its in priceless condition - I am very exited to own it and might not ever own another vehicle again -with that in mind, I had some things that needed to be done - I found out they make a much larger touch screen upgrade for the truck and while there are three companies that advertise they make the screen compatible with the truck, that is not the case I have found out, but the AutoTech Automotive based out of Canada has pleased me with their knowledge and guarantees so I purchased their model which is: 12.1" PX6 IPS HD Touch-Screen Android Navigation System | GPS | BT | Wifi | CarPlay | Camera - This is suppose to show up tomorrow. I have also asked them to send me a replacement for the rear camera as well. I am excited to have that installed and make sure that it works as it should with the steering wheel controls and the functionality of the Air Conditioner and Back Up camera etc. I am hopeful that it all works out. Also, today I decided I wanted to try to find something that would be a programer in order to improve the performance and possible the gas mileage. After speaking with someone at Summit Racing this was the programmer I chose:
Brand: SuperChips - Part Number 4845, SRC-4845 - (Flashpaq F5) This is suppose to allow me to connect with my iPhone (by way of the computer, laptop, where it has to get its updates) and choose adjustments to the programming then load it through the OBDII connector. I was told that this programmer would allow me to select options, load it into the truck, drive it with those selections for a week or whatever, and then if I chose to make adjustments otherwise, I can make another selection, load the adjustments and then drive that way too! Apparently, this will allow me to clear codes, adjust speedometer, and adjust the ratio is I ever change the rear-end, etc.

I am asking for opinions from you guys just because you all have owned your trucks probably for 10 years and know a lot more than I do. I am grateful for that knowledge in saving me time and money - I was hopeful that you guys could comment with suggestions or improvements to my plan. I am also interested in learning what would be the best modifications to my truck to make it not just the fastest, with the best mileage, but potentially to remove the governor, and allow me to really feel and use the truck for what it was meant to be. Some ideas I had aside from the touch screen, and chip, was to replace all the lights, front, back and interior with LED, as well as add some ground effect lights with switching, and led lights for the bed and the interior.
I don't want to screw anything up permanently. I don't mind tinkering, but I am extra careful - I really like this truck - I would like to make it the best that it can be and with a limited budget with the most efficiency in mind.
thank you for your comments and suggestions in advance - Wishing you the best week!
Old 10-11-2022, 05:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it is important to provide an update when possible. So, based on reading some information prior to hooking up the flashpaq superchips tuner to the truck, I had read that there was a PCM update available from the dealership and that it was necessary, required to have the most updated PCM update prior to even having any success with the SuperChips tuner....I was able to schedule an appointment the next day, went in first thing in the morning, expecting to pay $154.00 for one hours labor, and once they were finished apparently the dealership was able to do the PCM update for free as Ford had pushed to them, through my VIN, that I was able to have a free of charge PCM update - who knows, great luck, God watching out for me - whatever it was - it was awesome! As soon as I got in the truck to drive it home, I immediately noticed a HUGE difference in the way the truck responds to my foot on the gas and the way the truck shifts. I am also grateful that the silly 1-6 shift points is removed from the dash lighted screen. I never liked that there, but it was removed as a matter of this update too! Honestly, I am not so sure I will even try to use the super chip updater now that I have had the PCM updated - It would seem to me that this not only curred the problems, I felt like I was having and as a matter of fact I feel like the truck is running better than ever. I also did finally receive the 13' screen in the mail. I will be taking it to the stereo shop for installation in a few days, but I am currently waiting on a replacement rear camera. Hope this update helps. I would sure like to hear from someone out there that has used the Super Chips programmer and perhaps I could get an idea on if it is worth keeping, or if I should send it back since the factory PCM update seems to have really made a huge and positive impact.??? any thoughts?
Old 03-22-2024, 02:44 PM

Received 74 Likes on 31 Posts

So what is the latest updates on your truck...bring us up to speed...

Quick Reply: 2012 F-150, Harley Davidson Edition, request 4 comments Modifications, Customizations