Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

Tips

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips

Any tips on restoring an old truck you guys could give me?
Old 08-01-2016, 10:38 AM

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm not much of one for "restoring", mainly just "repairing". The stuff I do is to keep it stock and in functional condition. Restoring could mean anything from chopping the top and lowering to numbers matching original parts only as long as it has been completely disassembled, cleaned, and repainted. If you're going to do "restoring", you better have deep pockets (lots of money) because lots of stuff will need replaced.
The following users liked this post:
79intheprojects (08-01-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 04:11 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The terms "restore" or "restoration" refer to taking any object back to it's manufactured condition. Chopping, Raking, Lowering or any such modifications do not qualify. It does NOT necessarily require "deep pockets" to restore a vehicle to it's original manufactured state. If one is willing to research, seek LKQ (like kind quality) used parts as well as acceptable reproduction replacements when OEM is no longer available....an acceptable restoration can be accomplished. It may not be a Concours restoration but it may very well be a suitable facsimile acceptable to the owner . DO NOT be intimidated assuming that you have to have "Deep Pockets"....it's simply not true. When someone states "Deep Pockets", they are most likely basing that statement in comparison to their own wallet and/or ability.

Last edited by 84ordF150; 08-02-2016 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Afterthought
Old 08-02-2016, 04:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 84ordF150
The terms "restore" or "restoration" refer to taking any object back to it's manufactured condition. Chopping, Raking, Lowering or any such modifications do not qualify. It does NOT necessarily require "deep pockets" to restore a vehicle to it's original manufactured state. If one is willing to research, seek LKQ (like kind quality) used parts as well as acceptable reproduction replacements when OEM is no longer available....an acceptable restoration can be accomplished. It may not be a Concours restoration but it may very well be a suitable facsimile acceptable to the owner . DO NOT be intimidated assuming that you have to have "Deep Pockets"....it's simply not true. When someone states "Deep Pockets", they are most likely basing that statement in comparison to their own wallet and/or ability.
I am glad someone explained that.

Quick Reply: Tips