Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

Radio and shifter problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio and shifter problem

Ok guys number one y'all have been a big help in the past thanks for replying to my threads and I've replied to many of yours too as much as I can help any way number two my shifter (automatic) is very loose the arm itself rocks cowards and backwards but I think I can fix that by tightening the little screw my main issue is when I shift it in gear I have to be super careful it's VERY sansative I pull it with little effort it will go way down to the second gear I have to feel around sorta of I hope that makes sense what do I do pol number 3 what
Old 10-19-2011, 08:41 AM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Please tell us model year, engine size, and transmission model. (AOD, C6 etc.)

I am pretty sure the 'detents' are in the transmission itself. That's how it is on my AOD. I once broke the transmission link on a rock or stick or something. The shift lever just moved freely. I was 300 mile from home and had to shift by crawling under the truck and turning the shift lever by hand. Had to have someone step on the brake while I shifted.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:46 AM

Its an 86 f150 with a newly rebuilt 1995 351 modified and matching transmission I had had a good friend of mine tell me what could be the problem and he said I probably have to take off the steering wheel and work through there to fix the issue and he's a master mechanic but I want to get more info cause y'all have a truck like mine and might know exactly what to do.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by PeterbuiltCook
Its an 86 f150 with a newly rebuilt 1995 351 modified and matching transmission I had had a good friend of mine tell me what could be the problem and he said I probably have to take off the steering wheel and work through there to fix the issue and he's a master mechanic but I want to get more info cause y'all have a truck like mine and might know exactly what to do.
You sure that 351 is out of a 95 Ford stopped using the modified back in the early 80s ever since the early 80s its been the Windsor motors
Old 10-21-2011, 10:55 AM

It was my uncles truck before I bought it he had it built and thad what he told me plus auto zone says it's the same as a 351 clevelend it's a small block so that's what I was told I've been under the impression that it is.?.?.?

Quick Reply: Radio and shifter problem