Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

86 302

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86 302

I think i found the right part of the forum now it would be nice for people to tell you but your posts get ignored it seems if your in the wrong place anyway my name is austin im new here Im buying an 86 f150 2wd with a 302 aod trans ive come across a few posts just browsing the net before i become a member so not all questions were answered. My first question is I would like to CHange it over to maf because i plan on putting a new top end on it. If someone could tell me everything i need for that i would appreciate it. Second Whats the best intake manifold that will fit the stock heads anything up to 500 $ and preferaby an intake that will work with new heads in the future. I have to basically do one thing at a time bc I dont have a ton of money to throw in just a couple hundred bucks every paycheck so im planning on a piece at a time. Next I seen that these blocks were only reliable up to 500 hp is that true? why so low compared to the chevy 350 if it is Im just curious thanks
Old 05-09-2011, 08:28 AM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

According to my shop manual the 86 302 EFI is a MAF system. I don't think the 85-86 302 came any other way?

In order to change the top end you would have to replace everything - The ECU and everything connected to it from O2 sensors to injectors.

For the kinds of mods you are looking at you are probably better off lurking in some of the Mustang forums.... And add a '0' to your budget or a lot of months of paychecks.

You would probably be better off buying a different truck in the first place.

The 350 is a bigger engine, 302 vs 350 (5.0L vs 5.7L) It's going to have more HP from the start.

Quick Reply: 86 302