Topic Sponsor
Pre- 1987 / Classic Corner Have a classic Ford F150 truck? Want a classic? Discuss your pre-1987 Ford F150 truck.

1974 f100..

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 02:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1974 f100..

Has anyone here ordered a wiring harness from American Autowire? I just bit the bullet and sent off almost 800 doll hairs for a new'n. Hoping for some good reassurance from people that's bought it on here, if anyone has. Thanks in advance guys!

Also.. we're working on a 70 model truck as well, does anyone know where you can buy the pieces bolted to the cab the inner fenders sit on and are bolted through?
Attached Images  
Old 03-06-2017, 03:23 AM

Anyone?
What about fi-tech experience? Thinking about this instead of going with a new carb.. thoughts?
Attached Images  
Old 03-09-2017, 12:25 PM

What about an overdrive auto transmission that will work behind an fe?
Old 03-11-2017, 07:26 AM

Default ..

Ups dropped the wiring harness off, I think it looks great. Doesn't seem to be cheap, tons of directions. A monkey could probably do it. Won't be installed for a little while because I bought a 4wd 3/4 ton frame to switch my body and engine over too. It should be here in the next couple weeks. Has anyone here rhino lined or used por-15 on their frames?
Old 03-14-2017, 03:56 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Most people prefer the POR-15 to rhino liner that I've ever heard of.

I've never heard anything bad about the wiring kit you bought, let us know what you think once you install it. I'm in need of doing one someday, hesitant to drop $800 on it when my wiring hasn't failed me too badly yet.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by burnthelight88
Most people prefer the POR-15 to rhino liner that I've ever heard of.

I've never heard anything bad about the wiring kit you bought, let us know what you think once you install it. I'm in need of doing one someday, hesitant to drop $800 on it when my wiring hasn't failed me too badly yet.
I've heard different things, it's got me on edge. I've heard some say that por-15 doesn't stick very well to a good clean surface. But I'm not sure I wanna rhino-line everything. I sure do appreciate the reply, do you have any input as far as the efi goes? I might just get a new carb.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:14 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

No input on the EFI man, never done it myself and don't know anyone close to me who has. I try not to guess on comments so I left it alone on purpose.

Trending Topics

Old 03-10-2018, 01:35 PM

Well it has begun.. Started tearing down the f100. Im just a young guy and dont have a shop (please excuse the mess) or much knowledge about all of this but its my attempt to make a 3/4 ton 4x4 out of my 2wd f100. I will be swapping the engine over to the new frame (it was my first rebuild) and going to a manual trans

Found some cancer in the floor, i have since cut it out and have started welding some replacements .

I didnt have room to get all the way around my cab for bodywork so i gone ahead and switched it over to my 3/4 ton frame. Using a cherry picker to lift the cab lol .

I had already sandblasted the frame and used rhino line on it, i decided to use another coat since i had plenty left .Primed and painted the rear .Didnt mess with the cleaning up the drums though, hoping to switch to rear disks like my dads truck then clean that area up then. The rhino line looks shiny here but really dulls out quickly. Anyone ever used a clear on liner with luck? Anyone know the easiest way to remove the back glass?
Old 03-10-2018, 01:55 PM

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Looks like an interesting project.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Flowpro
Looks like an interesting project.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.
Thanks man, I'll be sure to update once in a while. Today I have been repainting my engine. Paint jobs never seem to last so this time I used por-15 engine enamel and went with their aluminum color. Ill have to get some pics of it in a little bit but for now here's some pics of it from when I rebuilt it about 5 years ago. Id bet it has less than 50 miles on it so I'm still not sure if I did a good job on it or not.

The following users liked this post:
javelina1 (03-10-2018)