Topic Sponsor
2021+ Ford F150 Discussion of the 14th generation F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more Active Park Assist for 2022 models?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2022, 06:38 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default No more Active Park Assist for 2022 models?

I heard from my dealer today that Ford is removing Active Park Assist from remaining 2022 orders. (I have a 2022 Lariat 502a with the Co-Pilot360 2.0 Active (BlueCruise) package (ordered on 1/31 and received the VIN/build schedule last Thursday).)

My dealer explained that my truck will still have the Co-Pilot360 2.0 Active package, but that Ford separately is deleting Active Park Assist from the remaining 2022 models. (I'll get a small credit on the price of the truck (i.e., $365). If I really want this feature, I could put in an order for a 2023 model and wait a LONG time.) Lo and behold, I saw that there's now an "Active Park Assist delete" option on the Ford F150 configuration website (which only makes sense if there's a need to separately delete this option from the existing packages.)

For me, Active Park Assist is a nice-to-have (my wife might use it a couple time a year), so I'll probably still take the 2022 I have on order. Hopefully, there won't be any other changes in the next several weeks.
Old 04-18-2022, 07:15 PM

Received 124 Likes on 81 Posts

Thanks for checking in but info has been out for a while, so you won't see too many surprised faces.
The following users liked this post:
Farmerj (04-18-2022)
Old 04-18-2022, 07:29 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks. I must have missed it when I looked for this information in existing threads.

Mods, please feel free to delete this thread.
Old 11-14-2022, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can it be added later
Old 05-01-2024, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is completely different for the 2024s from other years...

I took delivery of my 2024 F-150 Platinum Plus last Friday. I waited 1.5 years to get Active Park Assist and Massaging Seats. I orginally ordered a 2023 which never got those features due to chip shortages but the dealer said the 2024s would have it again. I ordered my 2024 on September 30, 2023. When I got it, the Massaging Seats worked but I soon found that the Parking Assists button only showed navigation, not the actual parking assist, even though the manual says how to active it. After numerous calls, Ford Customer Relations said, it was not on my vehicle. The Dealership said, it was in the order guide when I ordered it but 1.5 months later Ford DELETED it in a newly released order guide without calling out the change. I just received copies of both order guides as proof of Ford's DELETION. No real notice or refund as they did in 2023 models (about $365 as mentioned above).

I'm waiting on the dealership as Ford Customer Relations will not help anymore. Ford did this possibly to save the $2billion and grab extra money based on various articles.

I can parallel and perpendicular park myself. However, I paid and waited for a feature that was not delivered. It's like I paid for Blue Cruise. I can drive the truck but I like the assistance. What gives Ford the right to just delete a feature after I have order with the feature? No notice, no refund, nothing.

I am wondering if anyone is going to start a class action lawsuit. If anyone does, I would join in.
Old 05-02-2024, 08:18 AM

Received 277 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by VErwinS
This is completely different for the 2024s from other years...

I took delivery of my 2024 F-150 Platinum Plus last Friday. I waited 1.5 years to get Active Park Assist and Massaging Seats. I orginally ordered a 2023 which never got those features due to chip shortages but the dealer said the 2024s would have it again. I ordered my 2024 on September 30, 2023. When I got it, the Massaging Seats worked but I soon found that the Parking Assists button only showed navigation, not the actual parking assist, even though the manual says how to active it. After numerous calls, Ford Customer Relations said, it was not on my vehicle. The Dealership said, it was in the order guide when I ordered it but 1.5 months later Ford DELETED it in a newly released order guide without calling out the change. I just received copies of both order guides as proof of Ford's DELETION. No real notice or refund as they did in 2023 models (about $365 as mentioned above).

I'm waiting on the dealership as Ford Customer Relations will not help anymore. Ford did this possibly to save the $2billion and grab extra money based on various articles.

I can parallel and perpendicular park myself. However, I paid and waited for a feature that was not delivered. It's like I paid for Blue Cruise. I can drive the truck but I like the assistance. What gives Ford the right to just delete a feature after I have order with the feature? No notice, no refund, nothing.

I am wondering if anyone is going to start a class action lawsuit. If anyone does, I would join in.
Article I read is that Ford used information from all trucks and it was a very little used function, so they decided to delete it.

Quick Reply: No more Active Park Assist for 2022 models?