Topic Sponsor
2021+ Ford F150 Discussion of the 14th generation F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BlueCruise Probed by Regulators After Fatal Crashes

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 10:23 PM

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

Default BlueCruise Probed by Regulators After Fatal Crashes

Ford’s BlueCruise Probed by Regulators After Fatal Crashes

• Two deadly Mach-E collisions prompted defect investigation
  • Auto safety authorities scrutinizing driver-assistance system.
  • ByKeith LaingApril 29, 2024 at 8:26 AM CDT
Updated on
April 29, 2024 at 9:11 AM CDT auto safety regulators are investigating Ford Motor Co.’s BlueCruise driver-assistance feature after a pair of fatal crashes involving the technology.

The US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Office of Defect Investigation opened the preliminary evaluation after it received notice of two battery-electric Mustang Mach-E SUVs that collided with stationary vehicles.
Old 04-30-2024, 12:04 AM

Received 81 Likes on 38 Posts

Gave up on mine long ago because it loves to wander onto the center line, especially if a truck is passing me.
Old 04-30-2024, 12:27 AM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I use mine often, but I can certainly see an issue if you aren't paying close attention. I really hate how it turns off with no audible warning. If you don't see the dash change, surprise! I also agree with the previous post, it sure likes to hug the inside line.
Old 04-30-2024, 01:18 AM
LWJ

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

The accident in Philadelphia is being investigated by the PSP for possible DUI by the Mach-E driver, along with the NHTSA because BC was active at time of accident. Two cars were stopped in the left hand travel lane due to an accident. Mach-E hit the rear of a Toyota Prius and rammed it into a Hyundai Elantra. The drivers of the parked cars were outside of their cars and were killed as a result of the second accident. March 3, 3:19 AM.

Last edited by LWJ; 04-30-2024 at 01:36 AM.

Quick Reply: BlueCruise Probed by Regulators After Fatal Crashes