Topic Sponsor
2021+ Ford F150 Discussion of the 14th generation F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blank Camera Display Screen 2024 XLT

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blank Camera Display Screen 2024 XLT

My new XLT has a blank (blue) display screen with camera icon. I assume this is for a trailer add on camera. What option do I have to fill this screen space option with a cam I can point in the bed, or elsewhere? I miss the bed cam that my 2021 had, so I would like a versatile option that integrates with that screen I can toggle to while driving.
Old 04-17-2024, 09:17 AM
Senior Member First F150

Received 1,079 Likes on 698 Posts

Press the top left icon to get out of any view you currently have.
Old 04-17-2024, 12:37 PM

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by brisath
My new XLT has a blank (blue) display screen with camera icon. I assume this is for a trailer add on camera. What option do I have to fill this screen space option with a cam I can point in the bed, or elsewhere? I miss the bed cam that my 2021 had, so I would like a versatile option that integrates with that screen I can toggle to while driving.
You should be able to add the factory bed camera. The harness should be tucked behind the light. You can add it via Forscan. I'm surprised you have a blue screen. I would think any views not available shouldn't even be able to display (blue or not).

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thre...-camera.17756/
Old 04-19-2024, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kidder69
You should be able to add the factory bed camera. The harness should be tucked behind the light. You can add it via Forscan. I'm surprised you have a blue screen. I would think any views not available shouldn't even be able to display (blue or not).

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thre...-camera.17756/
That's helpful, so according to that thread it looks like I could buy that part/camera and install it and plug it in. However, I'm not confident that the blue screen with the "camera" icon would be that plug-in. I am assuming that screen is for a rear trailer camera because it is also an option to do a picture-in-picture type screen with that one and the 2 side mirror split screen. It seems logical it would be a view while driving that shows blind spots and behind a towed trailer.

Ideally I would like some type of camera to plug in that I could mount anywhere and show on that screen.

Quick Reply: Blank Camera Display Screen 2024 XLT