Topic Sponsor
2021+ Ford F150 Discussion of the 14th generation F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blacked out gauge cluster

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 10:11 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Blacked out gauge cluster

So this happened in my lariat powerboost while going 120 km/h in the Toronto area. Thankfully I had waze on the main screen to get a better idea of my km/h. Has this happened to anyone else?

It would go black as in the picture and then restart with the Ford symbol smashing against rock and then black again about 8 times (10 minutes) before it went back to normal

I tried the reset on the steering wheel and it didn’t not help

Old 09-07-2021, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that was happening to me when I would get a phone call, the entire cluster would disappear & reload. I tried resetting the entire system & issue persisted. I noticed that my wife's contact had 2 emojis in it (her doing lol). I removed them, deleted the phone & everything, did the reset. Hasn't happened since. My thought, maybe the emojis throw it off? Weird bc my '18 never had an issue.
Old 09-07-2021, 01:59 PM

Received 616 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by rtuckerFX4
that was happening to me when I would get a phone call, the entire cluster would disappear & reload. I tried resetting the entire system & issue persisted. I noticed that my wife's contact had 2 emojis in it (her doing lol). I removed them, deleted the phone & everything, did the reset. Hasn't happened since. My thought, maybe the emojis throw it off? Weird bc my '18 never had an issue.
that's interesting because my ex wife did that **** with her contact on my 2012 and it ****ed sync up royally. The dealership finally had a sync expert come in and figured it out.

Quick Reply: Blacked out gauge cluster