Topic Sponsor
2021+ Ford F150 Discussion of the 14th generation F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'22 Tremor Remote start/climate control question

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '22 Tremor Remote start/climate control question

I have a question about the steering wheel and seat settings with remote start. I went into the settings->Vehicle->Remote Start->Climate Control->and changed it to whatever the last used option was. However, whenever I use my phone or key fob to remote start it seems to do auto based on the climate. For instance, yesterday on my way home from work I made sure my seat was neutral (no heat or venting) and my steering wheel heat wasn't on. I used my phone to start my truck this morning and when I hopped in the heat was on the wheel and seats. I reverified the setting for remote start and it wasn't set to auto.

I asked another forum I frequent, and someone mentions guest profile settings. I went to settings->personal profiles->then I selected Guest (it enabled this profile). I then went to the remote start setting under vehicle and ensured it was set to last used, not automatic for climate control. I then decided to do this for my wife's profile and then again double checked mine. All were set to last used. The next day, I drove home with no heat or vent on the seat and no heat on the steering wheel. Remote started from my phone this morning and when I got in, the heat was on for seats and steering wheel. I have also double checked the settings in the app to make sure there wasn't something there I was missing.

Is there another option in the settings I'm missing?
Old 04-29-2024, 09:56 AM

Received 160 Likes on 87 Posts

I have the exact opposite. If I set mine to automatic and it's cold out, my seats and steering wheel never come on, the the heat setting is so low that it will never get warm in the winter.

If I set it for last setting, the heat will come on properly, but my seats and steering wheel never come on either.

My 2103, when set to automatic, would have a warm seat, wheel and the defrost was on high to clear the ice and it was nice and warm inside after 10 minutes.
Old 04-29-2024, 10:00 AM
Senior Member First F150

Received 1,101 Likes on 714 Posts

Temperature sensitive?
Old 04-29-2024, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by henfield
Temperature sensitive?
If I have it set to "Last Used" , should the temperature even matter?

Quick Reply: '22 Tremor Remote start/climate control question