Topic Sponsor
2021+ Ford F150 Discussion of the 14th generation F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 F150 Dead for Third Time…

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 11:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2021 F150 Dead for Third Time…

I purchased this 2012 F150 in mid Feb of this year. Two weeks after purchasing it, it would not start and could not be jumped. It was towed to the dealer who found it had a bad battery. Two weeks ago, it was dead in the driveway again and had to be towed in. They flashed the computer, got it running and tested the battery and it had a charge. No problem was found. Tonight, I went to lock the doors and the horn gave short beep, lights came on. The beeping stopped in a couple of minutes, but some not all of exterior lights flashed. The remote did nothing to stop the beeping or flashing and would not unlock the truck. I used the manual key to get access to the cab. The truck displayed a message that the parking brake failed and required service. Then it went completely dead, when I attempted to start it however the exterior lights continued to flash for several minutes.

This truck is unreliable. It will be towed to the dealer in the morning…. I am very frustrated! It appears that I have made a huge error purchasing this truck…
The following users liked this post:
BuiltGarbageTough (05-01-2022)
Old 06-09-2021, 11:38 PM
Idiot Savant

Received 805 Likes on 428 Posts

First year new generation during covid...no thank you. Sorry about your troubles, I hope Ford can get this thing ironed out for you!
Old 06-10-2021, 03:36 AM

Received 757 Likes on 516 Posts

So what year is the truck a 2021 or a 2012 you list 2 different year trucks?
Old 06-10-2021, 07:46 AM

Received 1,287 Likes on 903 Posts

Not sure, but I'm going to guess it is a 2021 and not a 2012. If so the good news is that this is the dealers problem. Although you are being inconvenienced by it. They will have to figure out the problem and fix it on their dime and if they can't there are lemon laws to help you. Good luck and I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:13 AM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Originally Posted by BillSieber

This truck is unreliable. It will be towed to the dealer in the morning…. I am very frustrated! It appears that I have made a huge error purchasing this truck…
What's frustrating is when someone creates a new account and makes one post complaining without giving a bit more info.

Seems to be a lot of one hit wonders around lately.
The following 4 users liked this post by idrive:
esraded (07-06-2021), Jus Cruisin (06-10-2021), SDF150Carbo (06-11-2021), Trail Ryder (06-10-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 10:25 AM
Architect

Received 117 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by idrive
What's frustrating is when someone creates a new account and makes one post complaining without giving a bit more info.

Yes, there are quite a few lately... terrible if true, but it's not an indication of anything but one truck that is a lemon. Any dealership would bend over backward to resolve this or replace the vehicle. If the intent was to vent, so be it. If the intent was to somehow claim it's common, that's a farce.
Old 06-10-2021, 03:34 PM

Received 424 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Bahamaroot
First year new generation during covid...no thank you. Sorry about your troubles, I hope Ford can get this thing ironed out for you!
+1. That warranty doesn’t last forever...
Old 06-10-2021, 03:57 PM

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by BillSieber
I purchased this 2012 F150 in mid Feb of this year. Two weeks after purchasing it, it would not start and could not be jumped. It was towed to the dealer who found it had a bad battery. Two weeks ago, it was dead in the driveway again and had to be towed in. They flashed the computer, got it running and tested the battery and it had a charge. No problem was found. Tonight, I went to lock the doors and the horn gave short beep, lights came on. The beeping stopped in a couple of minutes, but some not all of exterior lights flashed. The remote did nothing to stop the beeping or flashing and would not unlock the truck. I used the manual key to get access to the cab. The truck displayed a message that the parking brake failed and required service. Then it went completely dead, when I attempted to start it however the exterior lights continued to flash for several minutes.

Ford has a fix for your problem, it’s been out since March. Your dealer has to do some reprogramming, takes about an hour or so and then a retest of the battery and battery draw. My first battery draw test was off the charts and after the program update the results were negligible. So far so good, it’s been several weeks since the update.
if your dealer hasn’t figured that out by now, it’s time to take the truck elsewhere.
The following users liked this post:
jcaspar (07-05-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 05:07 PM

Received 700 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by idrive

Yep and those guys probably do not even own a ford-- Just Trolling
The following 2 users liked this post by icecoldak:
jcaspar (07-05-2021), Mark Miller (06-11-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 08:56 PM

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Garykk
...first battery draw test was off the charts and after the program update the results were negligible.
Got any idea what the parasitic current was after the update?

Just got my truck - reads 2 or 3 amps when you shut it down, then after a number of electronics apparently shut down, the parasitic current drops to just under .2 amps.

Mine came from the factory with Zone Lighting disabled - I just enabled it tonight - going to check parasitic current after doing so.

Quick Reply: 2021 F150 Dead for Third Time…