Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRS at WOT shifting

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2023, 12:31 PM

Received 1,564 Likes on 996 Posts

Default PRS at WOT shifting

Folks I ran across an odd issue with my 2020 Roush f150 where if I’m in Drive and use the shift +/- shift buttons to force a downshift (PRS mode) to the desired gear, floor it, then immediately paddle up, it still won’t shift out. It hits the rev limiter instead. I don’t know if this is unique to my truck, all Roush trucks, all 5.0 trucks, or all f-150’s.

In the mustang, it will follow the base/drive/normal shift schedule whether you paddle up or not.
Old 12-30-2023, 09:00 PM

Received 1,037 Likes on 743 Posts

That’s just how the F150 works. Is what it is, the manual shift selections are slow as hell.

I will add that’s a parameter in the tune that can be changed, to have it upshift regardless of the select shift commands.
Old 02-18-2024, 06:38 PM

Received 1,564 Likes on 996 Posts

Originally Posted by isthatahemi
I will add that’s a parameter in the tune that can be changed, to have it upshift regardless of the select shift commands.
That’s not working either. It does on my mustang but not the truck. I set the min app to 2% and even set the sst upshifts to 5000 rpm… no luck.

Now, I did figure out how to make LID work in the truck as opposed to just gear lockouts. The only downside is the gear indicator doesn’t work with LID.

Quick Reply: PRS at WOT shifting