Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pescky Code p0630 and returning to stock tune!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 07:34 PM

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Pescky Code p0630 and returning to stock tune!

I’m sure some of you have seen this. I own a 2019 lariat and am experiencing what I think is a bad torque converter. I made an appointment for this upcoming Wednesday and decided to revert back to the stock calibration. Soon as i did this p0630 popped up with another code as well. Switched back to my other tune and gone. Switch back to stock and bam,it’s there again. When I looked up the code, I almost crapped myself! Something about my vin not being compatible with the truck… so I looked online to see if anybody else has run into this and find out that it’s not uncommon and it has to do with your tire size and going back to stock tune and or just running bigger tires without recalibrating either revolutions per mile or tire size itself. Man was I ever relieved. I reached out to my tuner to see if they could help but decided to try and sort it out in the meantime. I thought it was a long shot,but I looked up the stock 275/55r20 tires and there revolutions per mile,which is 652,and plugged that into the laptop (hp tuners) loaded the stock file and poof,code was gone. I’m just throwing this out there for anyone using hp tuner with same generation truck. Not sure on all year trucks this could work for. Tuner got back to me today (Saturday) with a new stock tune file that won’t throw those codes. So koodos’ to him!
Hopefully this help’s somebody down the line and they’re not searching for hrs for a solution. Apparently” and I quote”

hp tuners is well aware of this situation and have been asked to remedy it but can’t be bothered.

Old 02-14-2024, 05:52 PM
TOTM October 2023

Received 1,224 Likes on 596 Posts

@Red barren I’ve been working on my tune again and I noticed when flashing back to stock I got this DTC. I used the value you provided in the VCM scanner Vehicle Controls and Special Functions, cleared the DTC, and it didn’t come back. Thanks for sharing your fix and the correct value to use!

Quick Reply: Pescky Code p0630 and returning to stock tune!