Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Mods - Non-warranty killing

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 12:48 PM
NC Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Performance Mods - Non-warranty killing

Looking for some mods that won't kill my factory & extended warranty. I do realize if something was to go wrong with a mod, Ford would have to prove that modification caused the issue. Getting a tune seems like something that would for sure kill a warranty.

Things I am looking for, for added perf.
  • CAI
  • Exhaust

I have a 2017 Ecoboost KR. Any other mods that people recommend?
Old 10-19-2017, 12:52 PM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

Roush tune with the Roush warranty.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:57 PM

Received 897 Likes on 680 Posts

What motor do you have? 5Star used to offer a warrantied tune though them, but I dont see it on the 2017 option list.

Other than that, yeah, a CAI and cat back is probably all you can do. Maybe an intercooler if you are ecoboost. Without the tune though, you are not going to pick up much so why even spend the money?
Old 10-20-2017, 08:38 AM
NC Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Right, 2017 Ecoboost.

When I had a 5.0 I did get the 5Star tune + CAI + Exhaust, this made a huge difference in overall performance.

However, I did buy a extended warranty, and I fear if I throw a tune on the truck, I will pretty much negate any sort of extended warranty (minus the electronics inside, I highly doubt they can claim I wrecked the nav w/ a engine tune).

Anyway, from what I have read thus far, the CAI + Exhaust on these F150s are well thought out, and are not recommended for tuning/changing.
The following users liked this post:
TX-Ripper (10-26-2017)