Oz tune on 2018 roush sc - Page 3 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.

Oz tune on 2018 roush sc

 
Old 01-29-2019, 09:57 PM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
TX-Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,192
Thanked 201 Times in 182 Posts
Default

I agree with the above.

I know people that know Matt at id and know that he is a world class tuner.

With that said He was great to communicate with, up until the tune didnít work on first start up.

His response was his truck worked fine. That didnít work for me.

Later I found out that Matt uses experimental sct software that might not be ready for main stream use. That probably explains what happed to me.

When I asked for a refund I was told no. Others had the exact same experience, so I know it wasnít an isolated incident.

Your mileage may very.

Pick your tuner based on what they have accomplished on your model vehicle- recently
TX-Ripper is offline  
Old 01-30-2019, 07:11 PM
  #22  
Blown Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Olive Branch, MS (Memphis Burb)
Posts: 694
Thanked 140 Times in 119 Posts
Default

TX-Ripper, it sucks when you have an experience like that. With that being said, I used Matt @ ID to tune my 2016 Procharged 5.0. The difference being that he knew it was going to be a challenge from the start because Procharger was the only one that had tuned their supercharger on a Speed Density (MAP) setup. Procharger gave me the wrong MAP info which the whole tune is based off of and it took about 10 tunes to find the right MAP setup (Mustang Ecoboost) just so it would crank. After that it went quickly and the tune turned out great. I had a good experience but that is not to discount the experience you had.

The 2018 5.0 and SCT software have had a rocky relationship. I have pretty much always used SCT since programmers came out. After waiting months for SCT to get their act together on the 2018, I finally bit the bullet and went with HP Tuners. I am glad I did. It works flawlessly. The only downside is it cost about $100 more.
LTNBOLT is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to LTNBOLT For This Useful Post:
HPTuners (02-04-2019)
Old 01-30-2019, 07:18 PM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
TX-Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,192
Thanked 201 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LTNBOLT View Post
TX-Ripper, it sucks when you have an experience like that. With that being said, I used Matt @ ID to tune my 2016 Procharged 5.0. The difference being that he knew it was going to be a challenge from the start because Procharger was the only one that had tuned their supercharger on a Speed Density (MAP) setup. Procharger gave me the wrong MAP info which the whole tune is based off of and it took about 10 tunes to find the right MAP setup (Mustang Ecoboost) just so it would crank. After that it went quickly and the tune turned out great. I had a good experience but that is not to discount the experience you had.

The 2018 5.0 and SCT software have had a rocky relationship. I have pretty much always used SCT since programmers came out. After waiting months for SCT to get their act together on the 2018, I finally bit the bullet and went with HP Tuners. I am glad I did. It works flawlessly. The only downside is it cost about $100 more.
Iíve been using a hptuners for years and it just recently surpassed sct in the ford market.
TX-Ripper is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to TX-Ripper For This Useful Post:
HPTuners (02-04-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 11:16 AM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 277
Thanked 92 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TX-Ripper View Post


Iíve been using a hptuners for years and it just recently surpassed sct in the ford market.
HP Tuners has really stepped up their game in the last few years. I beta tested for them years ago when they were first ones to really crack the 03-05 Cummins ECM and allow fuel fueling to 5k rpm and boy that was fun. Also they have exclusive ability for transbrake function on 18+ mustangs I'm pretty sure, and are the only ones with the capability to tune L5P Duramaxes now.
Spooled is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Spooled For This Useful Post:
HPTuners (02-04-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 04:46 PM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
TX-Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,192
Thanked 201 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Spooled View Post
HP Tuners has really stepped up their game in the last few years. I beta tested for them years ago when they were first ones to really crack the 03-05 Cummins ECM and allow fuel fueling to 5k rpm and boy that was fun. Also they have exclusive ability for transbrake function on 18+ mustangs I'm pretty sure, and are the only ones with the capability to tune L5P Duramaxes now.
Some very cool stuff available, and to all users not just big dealers that sell a lot of hardware.

TX-Ripper is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to TX-Ripper For This Useful Post:
HPTuners (02-04-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 11:27 PM
  #26  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 19
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BadCon View Post



FYI, I donít think Lund is tuning trucks right now, I tried earlier this year and they turned away my business, so did AED. AED referred me to Matt at ID Motorsports, and he did a good job with my 16 Roush truck, shaved over a second on the 1/4th with just a tune.

VMP is a joke, and wasted almost two months of my time and had the nerve to charge me a restocking fee when I got fed up with their excuses. Iím sure at some point in the past they were good, but now they are too big and busy with not enough staff.
I too was let down by VMP needless to say I won't better doing business ever again.
backwoodsmk is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 11:29 PM
  #27  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 19
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 5star View Post
We just got around 620 hp to wheel on our 2018 roush truck ... not bad from a 500-520 roush tune. Give us a call we can tell you more about it.

Will do, do you use hp tuner or sct. Thanks.
backwoodsmk is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 08:08 AM
  #28  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I used VMP for my 2010 5.4 F-150. I know it’s not the same but what do I do with the SCT tuner. Do I put the stock tune back in the 2010 when I sell.? Then what? What do I do with the SCT tuner? Just curious.
Tiger5 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oz tune on 2018 roush sc


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: