Oz tune on 2018 roush sc - Page 2 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.

Oz tune on 2018 roush sc

 
Old 01-21-2019, 11:41 PM
  #11  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've used VMP and PBD dyno in the past but haven't heard of OZ yet. As of right now I have no issues with traction so I can't comment about that. I'm assuming this thing will break in or something. Possibly the dealer filled it up with 87 IDK but was hoping for more... Maybe Roush will do a phase II like they did for the 15-17.

I think i'll try Lund for tuning this next go around.
backwoodsmk is offline  
Old 01-22-2019, 11:10 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
BadCon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 392
Thanked 95 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by backwoodsmk View Post
I've used VMP and PBD dyno in the past but haven't heard of OZ yet. As of right now I have no issues with traction so I can't comment about that. I'm assuming this thing will break in or something. Possibly the dealer filled it up with 87 IDK but was hoping for more... Maybe Roush will do a phase II like they did for the 15-17.

I think i'll try Lund for tuning this next go around.

FYI, I donít think Lund is tuning trucks right now, I tried earlier this year and they turned away my business, so did AED. AED referred me to Matt at ID Motorsports, and he did a good job with my 16 Roush truck, shaved over a second on the 1/4th with just a tune.

VMP is a joke, and wasted almost two months of my time and had the nerve to charge me a restocking fee when I got fed up with their excuses. Iím sure at some point in the past they were good, but now they are too big and busy with not enough staff.
BadCon is offline  
Old 01-23-2019, 08:27 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
TX-Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,171
Thanked 198 Times in 179 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BadCon View Post



FYI, I donít think Lund is tuning trucks right now, I tried earlier this year and they turned away my business, so did AED. AED referred me to Matt at ID Motorsports, and he did a good job with my 16 Roush truck, shaved over a second on the 1/4th with just a tune.

VMP is a joke, and wasted almost two months of my time and had the nerve to charge me a restocking fee when I got fed up with their excuses. Iím sure at some point in the past they were good, but now they are too big and busy with not enough staff.
lund is tuning some models with Roush and whipple blowers
TX-Ripper is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 10:03 PM
  #14  
F150 Vendor
iTrader: (1)
 
5star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 447
Thanked 121 Times in 65 Posts
Default

We just got around 620 hp to wheel on our 2018 roush truck ... not bad from a 500-520 roush tune. Give us a call we can tell you more about it.
__________________
Custom Tuning for F-E-Series Engines 6.8L V10 / 5.4L V8 / 4.6L V8 / 6.2L V8 / 5.0L V8 / 3.7L V6 / 3.5L V6 / 3.5L EB / 2.7L EB / 2.0L EB and more!
Your Premier SCT Custom Tuning Dealer
www.5startuning.com email me here:[email protected] 843-536-1244
https://www.facebook.com/pages/5-Sta...92086367552400
5star is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 10:05 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
TX-Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,171
Thanked 198 Times in 179 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 5star View Post
We just got around 620 hp to wheel on our 2018 roush truck ... not bad from a 500-520 roush tune. Give us a call we can tell you more about it.
^^^ - these guys are good to go.
TX-Ripper is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 10:31 PM
  #16  
Fleet Technician
 
Rnlcomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Big Easy
Posts: 21,916
Thanked 4,344 Times in 3,416 Posts
Default

OZ tuning is garbage from jump street. Buy it and take your chances.
.
Rnlcomp is offline  
Old 01-28-2019, 11:58 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,707
Thanked 179 Times in 145 Posts
Default Huh?

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp View Post
OZ tuning is garbage from jump street. Buy it and take your chances.
.
What does that mean and why? If you donít want to post, feel free to PM me...
isthatahemi is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 07:27 PM
  #18  
Blown Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Olive Branch, MS (Memphis Burb)
Posts: 686
Thanked 139 Times in 118 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp View Post
OZ tuning is garbage from jump street. Buy it and take your chances.
.
Opinions vary. They get a big thumbs up from me.
LTNBOLT is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 08:04 PM
  #19  
Ezekiel 25:17
iTrader: (1)
 
UNBROKEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,106
Thanked 1,143 Times in 736 Posts
Default

Opinions vary with all tuning shops. Some like Oz...some don’t. Some like SSI for the EcoBoost trucks...some don’t. I love and use ID Motorsports...TX Ripper had a terrible experience with them. Nobody makes everybody happy...it’s just not possible.
UNBROKEN is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 09:56 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
BadCon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 392
Thanked 95 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UNBROKEN View Post
Opinions vary with all tuning shops. Some like Oz...some donít. Some like SSI for the EcoBoost trucks...some donít. I love and use ID Motorsports...TX Ripper had a terrible experience with them. Nobody makes everybody happy...itís just not possible.
/\/\ This

I had a terrible experience with VMP, yet others think they are great. I've had a good experience with ID Motorsports, but some on this board had a terrible experience. All I can say is its not really just about the tune, but the service. Find a tuner or shop that is easy to communicate with and offers good service, the tuning after that will be much easier if they have the time of day to deal with your concerns. Horsepower numbers and dyno graphs are worthless as a decision making tool....literally worthless. There is so much more to a good tune with good driveability then a three digit number, and this is especially important when tuning via email.

The one thing I can say is tuning is a very competitive business, so shop around and send out some emails and see how a companies responses make you feel. The one thing I'll also mention is its important to know who is doing your tuning. Some of these bigger tuning outfits have multiple guys doing tune files, and I'm sure some are better then others. I think a successful tuning business is not good for the quality of the tunes they produce in the long run, as they'll have less time to work on any individual tune. Outfits like Lund, AED, VMP, and others built their reputations based on the tunes being developed by their founders...yet you get a tune from any of them now, and its probably not John, Shaun, or Justin doing your tune files.
BadCon is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oz tune on 2018 roush sc


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: