Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers and Tuning Options

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 06:05 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Headers and Tuning Options

Just got an early Christmas present from my wife. She bought me a set of Dynatech 1 7/8 Long Tube Headers and a Off-Road factory connect for my truck. Question I have is I currently have a BDX Tuning device with 5 Star loaded tunes. I am very pleased with the drivability of their tunes, but with me running the headers and Off-road factory connect I am going to have a check engine light on which i do not want. Can anyone guide me on who else offers a custom tune as good as 5 Star and could allow me to have the check engine light turned off? Please feel free to pm me concerning this.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:39 PM

Received 428 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by LiftenW8ts
Just got an early Christmas present from my wife. She bought me a set of Dynatech 1 7/8 Long Tube Headers and a Off-Road factory connect for my truck. Question I have is I currently have a BDX Tuning device with 5 Star loaded tunes. I am very pleased with the drivability of their tunes, but with me running the headers and Off-road factory connect I am going to have a check engine light on which i do not want. Can anyone guide me on who else offers a custom tune as good as 5 Star and could allow me to have the check engine light turned off? Please feel free to pm me concerning this.
Na or boosted?
The following users liked this post:
LiftenW8ts (11-29-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 06:56 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

NA for right now I am still undecided whether I am going to run a VMP 2.65 or a Whipple.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:56 PM
No fart cans allowed

Received 1,451 Likes on 961 Posts

Check performance forums out and buy a used HPTuners CD. It's easy to turn it off yourself.

The following users liked this post:
LiftenW8ts (11-29-2018)

Quick Reply: Headers and Tuning Options