Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Data Logging Question

Old 02-11-2019, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Data Logging Question

I recently installed a 5 star 87 octane P/T tune in my truck ('16 3.5L EB). Truck runs great, shifts nicely, and is overall much more pleasant to drive. I haven't noticed anything concerning, no knock (etc)......although, in general don't drive it very hard. I occasionally tow a 7k enclosed car trailer.

Should I be data logging and submitting the information back to 5* to be safe, or am I good to go?

Thanks
Old 02-13-2019, 01:07 AM

Received 843 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by jmerola
I recently installed a 5 star 87 octane P/T tune in my truck ('16 3.5L EB). Truck runs great, shifts nicely, and is overall much more pleasant to drive. I haven't noticed anything concerning, no knock (etc)......although, in general don't drive it very hard. I occasionally tow a 7k enclosed car trailer.

Should I be data logging and submitting the information back to 5* to be safe, or am I good to go?

Thanks
It's always a good idea to at least datalog once for them to review, but if you're happy and knock looks good then it's not a real big deal.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:09 AM

Received 843 Likes on 495 Posts

And don't feel rushed to get a log to them, you could even get one the next time you tow just for them to check it over .
The following users liked this post:
jmerola (02-13-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Data Logging Question