Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed plugs 1 step colder. How do they look?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 04:34 PM

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts
Default Changed plugs 1 step colder. How do they look?

Went to a 1 step colder plug. The one that looks darker than the others, top right in photo was from my drivers side closest to the firewall. Do they look decent? Does the one look fouled? Maybe too rich of a mixture? What could cause this on just one plug? Thanks in advance for any insight/help. Changed plugs 1 step colder. How do they look?-photo825.jpg
Old 06-24-2019, 04:52 PM

Gaps were all over from .049 to .060. My tuner had me gap to .035 fwiw

Last edited by blue5.0; 06-24-2019 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:35 AM

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts

Reading plugs that have been driven on is a PITA, especially with just a single picture...

They look like normal plugs to me that have been driven on and have had race fuel or octane boost run through them at times. The 3rd from the left on the bottom looks darker to me, but that could just be lighting. As long as there aren't noticeable ash deposits and the plugs aren't wet with fuel or oil they should be fine.

Definitely close the gap and make sure all of them are the same.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by yonson
Reading plugs that have been driven on is a PITA, especially with just a single picture...

They look like normal plugs to me that have been driven on and have had race fuel or octane boost run through them at times. The 3rd from the left on the bottom looks darker to me, but that could just be lighting. As long as there aren't noticeable ash deposits and the plugs aren't wet with fuel or oil they should be fine.

Definitely close the gap and make sure all of them are the same.
Thanks for the response. To my untrained eye they all looked pretty good but the plug on the top left in the pic seemed to have a little excess spot on it and that plugs gap was a little extra wide gapped the new ones to .035 and will pull and check them all after next oil change to make sure they all look good/similar.

Quick Reply: Changed plugs 1 step colder. How do they look?