Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.0 economy tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.0 economy tune

Been thinking of doing the modifications and tuning my truck. It’s a 2016 supercrew. When searching tuning I’ve only been able to find the hp and torque and what guys have ran in them but for my everyday drive that’s 85% highway I was curious about an economy tune. Been leaning towards 5star so I was wondering if anyone drives with an economy tune and what our mpg’s are.

Edit: searched all day and couldn’t find anything related until I posted this. Seems like economy tune doesn’t do a lot.

Last edited by Arthomp171; 05-10-2019 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Found related threads
Old 05-10-2019, 11:00 PM
rodent aviator

Received 272 Likes on 145 Posts

Keeping your speed down does more for mileage in these big blocks than almost anything else. Staying under 60 my fuel economy is awesome. When I push it over 80 I might as well be driving a fully loaded semi truck.
The following users liked this post:
dano126 (12-30-2023)
Old 05-11-2019, 09:05 AM

Received 1,556 Likes on 990 Posts

The factory cal is an economy cal. Driving techniques can net the biggest gains. Pure gas helps. Lower the truck and use smaller wheels/tires.
The following users liked this post:
chimmike (05-11-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 07:12 AM

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

I recently purchased a tune from ID motorsports with the BDX Tuner. I went with the flex fuel tune. I was purely running E85 for about the previous 3 months as the price spread was fantastic. I recently switched back to 87/E10 as the price spread sucks for E85 right now locally. I have been driving the same route to/from work prior to tune since about October. I will say that this tune has improved mileage a bit. The last two tanks have been up around 19 mpg vs about 17 prior to tune. Speed is definitely the biggest factor. I choose to drive the 2-lane highway vs the interstate that runs parallel to my route. If I drive interstate and do between 75-80, my truck only gets about 16. 60-65 is definitely the sweet spot for mileage I think with the 5.0. The one thing that is very nice about the flex fuel tune is that you don't have to worry about what octane to run and what not. Just put in what you want, and the truck adjust accordingly just like the factory tune with more power. When the price spread gets better for E85, I will run that again as it is big difference in power.

Quick Reply: 5.0 economy tune