Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.5L Ti-VCT V6 / Best Bolt Ons?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 12:24 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Default 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 / Best Bolt Ons?

Let me first say that I know for more power I could have bought the 2.7L EcoBoost but I did not as I wanted a naturally aspirated engine. I also do not need the extra power.

But out of fun what would be the best bolt-on parts for the 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 that result in a solid small increase in horsepower and torque preferably that do not take away on the low end power band? Maybe 5-10 each at the rear wheels. (At this level no tuning would be required)

Maybe... ported throttle body, muffler (freer flowing / preferably quieter end),... among others.

Thank you for your ideas in advance.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:34 AM

Received 366 Likes on 250 Posts

The stock exhaust is straight through....literally, the factory muffler can be looked through like a periscope, so unless you go bigger diameter piping your not gonna find any additional performance with a new muffler. As for the throttle body, there won't be any performance to be had by porting it, as I doubt its a restriction at the stock power levels.

Look into a tune and see where that gets you.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:37 AM

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by 2016FordF150
Let me first say that I know for more power I could have bought the 2.7L EcoBoost but I did not as I wanted a naturally aspirated engine. I also do not need the extra power.

But out of fun what would be the best bolt-on parts for the 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 that result in a solid small increase in horsepower and torque preferably that do not take away on the low end power band? Maybe 5-10 each at the rear wheels. (At this level no tuning would be required)

Maybe... ported throttle body, muffler (freer flowing / preferably quieter end),... among others.

Thank you for your ideas in advance.
Possibly rehearing it would give it a feeling of more pep or power? A tune would definitely be a good place to start. You could always bolt on a small nitrous kit, say a 50 shot. You probably wouldn't have to retard timing at all for that.

Quick Reply: 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 / Best Bolt Ons?