Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Truck Sales

Southeast: '19 F-150 - RCSB - Agate Black - Lowered - Whipple Stage 2 Supercharger - Dream Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 03:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default '19 F-150 - RCSB - Agate Black - Lowered - Whipple Stage 2 Supercharger - Dream Build

It truly pains me to be typing this right now; this is and has been my dream truck. I’ve wanted the chance to build it for as long as I can remember. The stars aligned in 2019 and I was finally able to pull the trigger.

Just so I don’t have to keep typing it out, unless a brand is specified, the part was purchased directly from Ford and is an OEM FoMoCo part. No corners were cut on this, I assure you of that. I didn’t buy it to sell, I bought it to last my entire lifetime and then some. Here is a general breakdown of the build:

New 2019 Ford F-150, Regular cab, Short bed (6’5”), 5.0L Coyote engine, 10 speed auto transmission, 4WD, 3.55 gearing, Tow Package, Agate Black (Metallic).

Paint

-New front and rear bumper painted

-New front valance painted

-Mirror caps painted

Exterior/Appearance

-Mesh grill with new emblem

-DUB 22” Black rims wrapped in 305/40R22 Yokohama Parada Spec X High Performance Tires

-Undercover ArmorFlex (comes LineX’ed from the factory) Tonneau Cover

-Bed Rug bed liner - It makes the entire bed like a giant trunk, but it can take a load of gravel etc like a champ too. No dents or peeling/chipping to worry about. Wash it out with the hose and vacuum it when its dry if you’re really OCD.

-Added LED Fog lights and harness

-Added Power Folding mirrors with turn signal indicators and puddle lamps (which required Lariat Door harnesses and modules)

-Every light has been replaced with LED - Headlight, Brake lights, Turn Signals, Third brake light, cargo light, license plate lights

-Non-OEM (Ford doesn’t make them) blackout side emblems

-Non-OEM (Ford doesn’t make them) stubby radio antenna

-Front lower aero/wind deflector replaced with 2WD model (no holes/protruding hooks)

-4x4 stickers removed from bed

Interior

-Full sound-proofing treatment - multiple materials, not just dynamat

-Completely custom sound system, see pictures.

-All JL Audio equipment

-12W3v3-2 sub in custom sealed box

-C5-650 Components up front

-Powered by XD700/5v2 amp

-Quality OFC wiring, ran neatly

-Components made from MDF were coated in General Finishes exterior 450 Topcoat to waterproof them before being wrapped in carpet

-Front door speaker 6x9 to 6.5” conversion plates were made from 1/4” HDPE due to the level of moisture found in door panels

-Front door speakers also had silicone baffles installed to prevent excess amounts of water from dripping onto the woofers

-Leatherseats.com Black Ecstasy 100% coverage leather seats - An excerpt from their website “Our Ecstasy Collection and is a full line of top quality, full grain, aniline-dyed, and protected Italian automotive leathers. These Ecstasy leather hides are finished using only grade A Brahma bull gull grain crusts. The manufacturing process uses a fully protected aniline finish with a final layer of color pigment to ensure color consistency throughout the hide.” I would put it on par with Lexus leather, easily.

-Kenwood DMX9706S with interface components to work with steering wheel, backup camera etc.

-Ceramic tint on the two side windows and back glass (legal levels - ~35%)

Performance

-Whipple Superchargers Stage 2 Kit (SMOG sticker included)

-Boundary billet oil pump gears and timing chain sprocket

-Custom tune purchased, but not yet installed by Oz Tuning

-Kooks Long tube headers with 3” collector and y-pipe (NO emissions issues, all systems functional, will pass all tests)

-*Intense* exhaust setup by the best shop in my area. The Kooks y-pipe feeds into an 18” resonator, that goes into a huge magnaflow muffler, spits out two 2.5” pipes that go into another two additional mufflers (one per side) just before the Borla Stainless tips. The entire system is stainless. This exhaust has 100% NO DRONE. There were many setups before this one, and they all droned like crazy when on the highway. This is such an amazing setup, the shop owner really outdid himself. The truck has a slight rumble at idle, but is extremely tame when you’re light on the throttle. Although, as soon as you get on it even a little bit all of that goes out the window and it sounds like your foot just unleashed every demon in hell out of your tailpipe. It’s borderline sexual.

-Belltech 1001HKP lowering kit - Premium coilovers made by KW that have adjustable rebound and compression so you can tune the ride. Rear sway bar makes the truck drive like its on rails. Lowered 3” in the front, 5” in the rear. The truck has an inch of rake as it sits. The wheel gap is perfect.

-New S550 Mustang Posi Traction rear locking differential machined to accept C-Clips by Yukon and installed

-Full PCV and Catch can setup, I forget the brand. Really nice kit, and uses all factory style quick-disconnect connectors.

Thread continued in reply below, character length exceeded.

Mustang Posi Install

Door Sound deadening

Roof sound deadening

Cab sound deadening

Audio system build

Audio system build

Audio System build; this box is bulletproof. Screws, brads, and glue.

All done.

Test fit.

Making attachment points for the faux wall.

Shimming everything out so it lines up perfectly.

Covered in general finishes top coat.

Carpeted and caulked box. Completely sealed.

Carpeting the faux wall.

Subwoofer box is bolted to the floor via the floor jack mounts. It's not going anywhere.

Rough wiring.

Rough wiring.

Finished product.

In the middle of installing the billet goodies and Whipple charger

Everything in there.

The intercooler setup for the Whipple. Neat design. Undetectable with body parts on.

All done. Still didn't install the blacked out badges yet.

Current photos taken on Jan 11, 2020. I apologize for the mess, it's been raining so I haven't gotten the chance to clean it. I will update these in the next few days once I've had the chance to detail it.

Old 01-11-2020, 03:03 PM

Thread Continuation

I'm undoubtedly forgetting a lot of little things, but that’s all of the major ones. This truck is such a joy to drive. It handles extremely well, much better than I thought was possible. It is like a sports car that weighs 6000lbs. It takes corners flat and like its on rails, with zero body roll, but you feel the weight letting you know you're still driving a truck (just managing expectations). When tuned by Oz, it should be making well into the ~700AWHP range. As it is, I estimate probably 625AWHP.

I don’t launch, I don’t race, I don’t abuse my ****. Quite frankly, I drive like an old man. Occasionally, once I get moving from a stoplight (best way to not blow trans/driveline parts) I put the pedal to the floor and let it ring out a gear or two while listening to the sweet sound of freedom come from the tailpipes all while being thrown back into my seat. It’s such an awesome ride. This has also gotten the most complements out of any vehicle I have owned, bar none. Usually something along the lines of “Man, I don’t usually like lowered trucks, but something about yours just does it for me”.

I purchased every single piece for this truck, and installed everything myself. Before enlisting in the Military nearly a decade ago, I held several ASE certifications. I am an extremely **** retentive, borderline OCD person when it comes to my vehicles/installs. Everything must be done right, and nothing can ever be “good enough”. That being said, I installed all of these items myself. Feel free to check it all out, but I’ll tell you now that the execution was flawless. If it wasn’t, I would have redone it or replaced it until it was. Little things like using the factory studs and buying new locking nuts for the headers instead of taking the easy way out and using an aftermarket bolt kit for ease of install, or changing the oil at 500 miles and again at 2500 miles before the supercharger was installed are the things that I put myself through in the name of perfection. This truck has only seen Amsoil Signature Series 5W30, and the rear diff has Royal Purple. I forget the weight, but it was factory spec for the Mustang Posi Traction that’s in it.

So, down to the brass tacks. I am a Marine. I normally live in MD (truck is plated there), but I am currently down in Pensacola, FL and will be for an additional 6 months. The truck was purchased new and has a lien on it from PenFed. On top of the initial purchase price, my wife tells me I put over an additional $45,000 into it. I can’t imagine that’s right, but she’s been keeping track of the receipts so I’ll take her word for it.

To summarize, that’s $38,000 for the initial purchase price with another $45,000 in parts on top. Thats NOT including the combined month of time off from work that it took to meticulously complete all of these projects. Way more than 100 hours of labor have gone into this beast, and likely a whole lot more than that. When you figure that any shop worth a **** will charge you $80-100 an hour for labor, that totals out at an average of $9000. Grand total of $92,000. Holy ****. Well, I digress.

The whole reason I am selling this beautiful creation is because my family comes first. The last few months have dealt us numerous critical blows financially, and it is entirely my fault that we can’t handle the situations because I spent nearly all of our cash reserves on this truck. Things were supposed to be smooth sailing, hence pulling the trigger on this, but life happened..a lot..as well as a little bit of Murphy's law. My wife, being the trooper that she is, offered to trade her car in on something older and cheaper so that I wouldn’t have to sell this. I love her to death, and that is the reason this must go. Full disclosure, the whole reason I am selling this is to wipe out the truck payment and get us some breathing room, the cash on top of the lien will be used to buy myself a temporary vehicle until my wife graduates school in a year.

This truck has my heart and soul in it, treat it right, and for the love of god don’t low ball me please.

I am asking $58,000 or best offer. I’m willing to talk the price over with anyone that is serious, but looking at numbers alone I think that price is EXTREMELY fair. Any constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone. - Brian

Last edited by BriGuy55; 01-12-2020 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Price Adjustment
Old 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM

Price updated based on user input; I'm pretty much at my bottom dollar now.

Quick Reply: Southeast: '19 F-150 - RCSB - Agate Black - Lowered - Whipple Stage 2 Supercharger - Dream Build