Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Wiring harness issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring harness issue

Hey all -

I have a 2016 f-150 2.7L eco boost. I recently had my driver side rear blinker and break light go out. I tried new bulbs, checked any relative fuses, and traced wires thinking broken, bad or even a mouse chewed on something. Nothing.

after 2 months I finally got it in to Ford. Turns out based on their diagnostic there’s an issue with the wiring harness. I have the mechanic notes. $350 for a new harness and 5+ hours of labor because they have to drop the gas tank. Not covered by warranty.

im not here asking for alternatives or doubting their findings. But it is hard to swollow the fact that to fix a blinker it’s going to be over $1000.00.

im more curious if anyone else has had this problem. And to gather any thoughts. With no evidence of outside causes I’m also curious why I need a new harness. They couldn’t answer specifically other than I guess to open it up and fix the wiring issue, might be more labor?

Quick Reply: Wiring harness issue