Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Winterising 2018 F150 3.5l EcoBoost

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Winterising 2018 F150 3.5l EcoBoost

HI All,

I have to return soon to the UK for 6 months over the winter and my truck will not fit in the garage so in addition to applying a good quality seal to the paintwork (not sure which to buy yet), I thought I should put an additive in the fuel tank in order to preserve the Gas for the spring. However, I then thought maybe I should also apply some fogging spray into the cylinders as it will be standing so long without use. BTW I will be hooking up a Noco Intelligent charger to keep the battey in good order.

Any thoughts or recommendations from my learned friends appreciated.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:45 PM
Village Sociopath

Received 10,073 Likes on 6,507 Posts

Gas stabilizer is a must. Throw it in the tank, fill it up, and run the truck around for a 1/2 hour or so to insure the stabilizer gets distributed through out the fuel system. Anyone around you trust to drive it and warm up good once a month?
Old 09-27-2018, 04:58 PM
Super Duper Senior Member

Received 346 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by johnday
Gas stabilizer is a must. Throw it in the tank, fill it up, and run the truck around for a 1/2 hour or so to insure the stabilizer gets distributed through out the fuel system. Anyone around you trust to drive it and warm up good once a month?
This is pretty important. If you can get someone to drive it a few miles every coupe of weeks.

Living in FL, we have a ton of snow birds that go up north for the summer and are here for our "winter". Most of them will put the car on jack stands so the wheels don't go flat, and will run a gas additive. They also generally add a car cover. Using milk jugs filled with water or sand to hold the cover down. Battery tender isn't a bad idea either.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the feedback will have the battery saver on and fuel covered and will ask my neighbour to run it up once a month instead of the fogging spray. Re a cover I am going to leave it open as lesser of 2 evils i.e it does not look obvious no one is home and I dont want to cause any excessive condensation or damage from the cover. A good breathable custom cover i about 700 CDN plus so no going to pay that. There is negligable bird crap issue here maybe a few pine needles which over the winter will get blown or washed away. Plus no chance of Sun damage that you would get down in FL.

Quick Reply: Winterising 2018 F150 3.5l EcoBoost