Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Wierd noise! PROBLEM

Old 08-10-2014, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd noise! PROBLEM

I've recently leveled and put on 35' Toyo MT's on my 2010 King ranch. I started hearing a high pitch metal-on-metal noise near the front a few days ago. I took it back to the shop and they said it was PROBABLY the dust plate on the wheel. Now, they are saying the driveshaft is at to much of an angle because of the LEVEL and is grinding. I've seen SO many 6" lifted f150 without this problem. I disagree with them but there is nothing i can do.... Anyone have a different answer?
Old 08-10-2014, 05:48 AM

Received 231 Likes on 213 Posts

A level will not do that. They said "probably"? Did they bother to check? Sounds like you need a different shop. If it is a dust shield, just reach in and bend it back a little. It's highly possible they bent it a little when they dropped the knuckle down to release the strut and put the level on.
The following users liked this post:
Joshua Michael Jones (08-10-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 10:09 AM

It's in the shop now. They are looking further into it yet I haven't heard from them yet.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:51 PM

It ended up being the actuator and the Solenoids needing to be replaced. We also had to get a new set of hubs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wierd noise! PROBLEM