Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Where's the back up light switch located?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where's the back up light switch located?

I have a 1999 F150 5.4L Triton XLT 4WD and my back up lights quit working. Fuse is okay. I found a replacement switch at AutoZone for $10 but I don't have a service manual for the truck.

Can anyone tell me where to find that sucker?

Thanks-
Old 01-22-2012, 03:29 PM

A switch?? My reverse lights just go on when the truck is in reverse there isn't a switch..water could of gotten behind Ur lights and sorted them out
Old 01-22-2012, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by toadpoker
I have a 1999 F150 5.4L Triton XLT 4WD and my back up lights quit working. Fuse is okay. I found a replacement switch at AutoZone for $10 but I don't have a service manual for the truck.

Can anyone tell me where to find that sucker?

Thanks-
toad,
Look on your steering column, just above the floor board for the switch. While I do not know your particular vehicle, I once put a switch in the dash of my 1978 Mercury Marquis station wagon that would control the reverse lights. I did this because I hunt whitetailed deer. I would go out in the morning to get suited up and I had no lights at the rear end of this vehicle to see by. So it was an issue. After I installed this switch I had plenty of light to get ready for the hunt. It did'nt matter if the tailgate was down or just open.

And yes I have gotten plenty of venison over the years that lasted for six months each year to feed the family.

As a side note, while waiting for a stop light with a work buddy behind me I flipped on my reverse lights. Later on while talking to him he thought I was going to plow into him.

Quick Reply: Where's the back up light switch located?