Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

What should be included in tune-up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What should be included in tune-up?

Ok, so dumb question of the day: What should I consider as part of a tune up for my 2016 F-150 2.7 Ecoboost with 150,000 highway miles on it?

I've always sold my cars before I hit this many miles and we just decided to keep this truck and add a Suburban (yeah, I know) to the garage. So I know back in the day it was plugs and wires. The oil change place told me to get a coolant flush too. What else? I'm not a car guy at all, but I know I'm already behind on maintenance and want to do it right.

Appreciate the feedback.
Old 01-20-2022, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,220 Likes on 2,876 Posts

spark plugs, coil boots if needed, trans flush, diff fluid changes, t-case fluid change, thats about it

and brake fluid if it hasnt been done yet
Old 01-20-2022, 12:02 PM

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by djfllmn
spark plugs, coil boots if needed, trans flush, diff fluid changes, t-case fluid change, thats about it

and brake fluid if it hasnt been done yet
Yep. Basically all fluids and plugs.

I'd add belts to this list, and check water pump and and idler pulleys.
Old 01-20-2022, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 4,220 Likes on 2,876 Posts

Originally Posted by kfergiez
Yep. Basically all fluids and plugs.

I'd add belts to this list, and check water pump and and idler pulleys.
good point
Old 01-20-2022, 01:42 PM

Received 371 Likes on 289 Posts

Check condition of the air filter.
Old 01-31-2022, 12:59 AM
WrenchBurner2386

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

.. treat any rotted areas on your frame and components as needed for.longevity.. Wipers. Cabin air filter.. engine Air filter, clean mass airflow sensor and throttle body slash plate. Oil the mechanical spring.. sea foam directly into top end , after that oil and filter, ignition coils, .. I put pb blast directly into spark plug hole and drive it around with it few times before I change them using IMPACT not hand wrench you break that off have fun spark plugs, U joints, ball joints, upper and lower or control arm.bushings, sway bar linkage or bushings, struts, brake pads or rotor, tierods, steering shaft, brake lines, take out your 02 sensors and clean them, check manifold studs, change coolant, transmission fluid change brake fluid, change power steering fluid, belt, idler tensioner pulley kit, starter, alternator, battery. Your truck has lasted its life expectancy mechanically. At any point any of the above are likely to fail at any given time dependant on operating conditions... how much do you wanna mess with it

Last edited by WrenchBurner2386; 01-31-2022 at 05:22 AM.

Quick Reply: What should be included in tune-up?