Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

What is " Fuel Induction Service " ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 11:08 AM
KAH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is " Fuel Induction Service " ?

QUESTION:

My local Ford dealer posts a price list of the services
offered by his shop.

One of them is entitled " Fuel Induction Service ". The price
is $ 119 plus parts.

I asked the counterman just what this consisted of an he gave me a rather vague answer. As far as I can determine, it is cleaning of the Mass Air Flow sensor. He could not tell me any furhter details as if the Throttle Valve Body was involved nor would he tell me if this involved changing the engine air filter.

Can anyone please enlighten me as to what this is supposed to consist of ?

Thanks,
Ken H.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:47 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

A fuel induction service includes running a cleaner through the tank and 2 cleaners through the intake system. It does not include changing any filters. Some include cleaning the mass air flow meter. The cleaner is run on the throttle body to clean it. As its pulled in the intake it cleans the intake, the cleaner runs over the front of the fuel injectors cleaning them and runs on the back of the intake valves cleaning them.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:35 PM
KAH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NGM:

I thank you for your prompt reply however, I stilll am somewhat in the dark.

These two cleaners you mention, what are they ? Do you have any brand names or further description ?

From what you have stated, it sounds like a lot of money for just a few chemical
cleaners.

Thanks,
Ken H.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:36 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

We use BG at my shop..One bottle is BG Injection cleaner One is BG 44k and one is BG induction cleaner. The 3 step kit costs 60 bucks alone. http://www.bgfindashop.com/bgservices/fuelair.htm There are a number of different name brands out there... There is a pressurized canister that pushes the chemicals into the throttle body. The tech has to stand by the vehicle and it takes about 30 mins. He has to be there in case the vehicle stalls to turn off the chemical so it dosent cause engine damage. The job pays the tech an hour. So if the shop rate is 65 an hour and the chemical is 60 then thats 125.00 right there. Most shops like your dealer and mine run it at a lower than a regular hour and make it a set price..

Last edited by NGM; 06-12-2008 at 08:41 PM.

Quick Reply: What is " Fuel Induction Service " ?