Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Weak air conditioning. 2016 Ford F150

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weak air conditioning. 2016 Ford F150

Hello Friends,

I bought a new 2016 Ford F150, Crew Cab, 4X4 in July. From day 1 the air conditioning has been weak, in my opinion. When I went in for my first oil change I asked the technicians for his opinion. He says that he thinks the AC is fine. I disagree. I haven't recorded the temperature with a thermometer yet, but the cabin never reaches a level of cool comfort. I live in Vegas, and today (January 4) the cabin was less than cool.

Anybody else have this problem? I feel that the dealer will just deny that there is a problem and take no further action. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2017, 07:36 PM

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts

Not sure about the AC, but I feel the HVAC system is whacky. Under the 4th speed it's like it's not even on as far as vents go. Barely feel any air(or heat or A/C). In winter truck will get hot but it's not like blasting the fans like most vehicles when you have the fans above medium.

the other issue is the variable settings, there are times at full speed it does blast and is very loud and other times in is noticeably less powerful.

finally, is the slight noise I hear at 4th-max Settings when on floor only.

before anyone says this is what I've checked:
  1. all dash vents are open
  2. nothing is mounted to vents and floor vents are clear
  3. when I say low speeds at high level i only have one vent choice selected I.E.: floor only, or defrost only, or dash only. The worst for power seems to be dash vents. Then floor, defrost is ok(when it's actually running full and not changing how fast high speed is)
  4. the whine of floor goes away at 3 or lower