Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Two annoying rattle/ticking

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 11:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Two annoying rattle/ticking

edit: sorry, got distracted and never finished my thread title... meant to say "Two annoying rattle/ticking sounds".

Rather than leave my truck in the shop for a couple days while they try and fix these two annoying things i figured i would post up here in the hopes someone has already had the same problem and knows the exact fix.

Few details: 2012 XLT 2x4 Screw Ecoboost.

The first (most annoying) is a ticking sound coming from the back of the cab. It sounds the loudest if i pull that tray out where you can gain access to the floor jack. It sounds like something tapping on the bottom of the truck floor. For the life of me i can't find anything close to there under the truck that might be causing this. Happens while driving or sitting idle with the AC on (engine runs slightly rougher and causes the vibration/pulsing).

The second is somewhere around the gauge cluster. Happens on less than pristine roads (which means it happens 100% of the time). Sounds like a metal flap or something going "boing" sort of like a spring. Seems to stop if i put pressure on the plastic trim and the plastic windows over the gauges. Not sure if i want to tear that apart without knowing what i am looking for?

If not, i guess i'll drop it off. I would rather fix something as trivial as this myself though.

Quick Reply: Two annoying rattle/ticking