Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Tweaking with Forscan - Will it explode?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tweaking with Forscan - Will it explode?

Howdy,
Question;
Will putting a wrong setting on my axle ratio on forscan break something?

I have a speedometer inaccuracy of 6-8mph on my 2013 F150 FX2. My understanding is that these are generally caused by changes in tire/wheel size or gear ratio. The rear end was damaged and repaired 2 owners ago and I suspect the gear ratio was changed during the repair. When I hooked up forscan it was set on 3.31, but according to a tattered sticker on the axle the ratio is 3.73. The truck already has the correct tire settings.

I have changed the setting on forscan. Too late tonight for a test drive. I ASSUME that if this is incorrect the only negative effect will be an inaccurate speedometer/mpg readout. I am not an auto expert and I don't want to change some setting that's going to cause my transmission to grind up. Your input is appreciated. If I don’t hear anything I’ll just drive it to work tomorrow morning with speedometer app open on the phone and see how close they match up & cross my fingers hoping nothing breaks.

Regards.
M

e/
Drove it this morning. The change in settings seemed to have no effect on the speedometer error. Not quite sure what to try next. Suggestions?

Last edited by sharps99; 02-11-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Tweaking with Forscan - Will it explode?