Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Truck jerking when shifting gears

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck jerking when shifting gears

Hello! I have a 2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L 3V Triton. It has been jerking when shifting gears, and having trouble going at highway speeds. It doesn't necessarily feel like it's "missing", just that it's having a lot of trouble shifting gears, and when it does it jerks the cab really hard (a very big thud on every shift). I have recently replaced all but 1 of the fuel injectors (I searched high and low and could only find 7 in my small town unfortunately). I have also changed the 4 front coils (they were easy to get to and I didn't have time to get the others, been putting it off for a few weeks now lol). What could be causing this problem? Is it a trans problem, or could it be that one fuel injector or one of the other coils I didn't change? Or could it be the dreaded spark plugs which are stock and a nightmare I am hoping to put off for as long as possible. I should mention I have no check engine light. Thanks for any advice in advance.
Old 08-04-2022, 01:32 PM

Received 464 Likes on 412 Posts

Post the Diagnostic Trouble Codes that are stored in your truck's computer. If you don't have then as yet then go to Autozone or other parts store and they will read them for free, get the printout or write them down and report back with DTCs.

Quick Reply: Truck jerking when shifting gears